11. dress nice baby

gustav and grace had been together for 4 months now. grace had fallen head over heels in love with gus, but lately they had been distant. gus, staying out late and only seeing grace a few times a week to fuck. gus was busy but he was doing it all for grace, he was going to give them a good life and he was sure of it. grace didn't see it like that, she was sick of gus' behaviour and was getting ready to break things off, he wasn't the loving guy she used to know he was turning into the gus that gus played himself off to be. it was two in the morning but grace decided to text gus, she needed to talk to him.

grace
gus we need to talk. come over.

gus had a feeling he knew what this was going to be about but it still worried him.

gus
what's up baby? i'll be there soon
gus
i love you
seen

now gus was worried about what grace had to say, she always said i love you back. gus didn't have to bus anymore, he recently purchased a mercedes g class suv, valentine's day was coming up and gus was planning on surprising grace with her own car but he figured he might have to do it sooner if grace wasn't happy. gus was at grace's apartment in a matter of 20 minutes. when gus arrived at the door grace let him in, she didn't hug him excitedly like she usually did "gus" grace took his hand and sat down "what is it babygirl?" gus asked "gus i can't do this anymore" grace struggled to say "do what baby?" gus asked, tears filling his eyes "us" grace told him. the two of them began crying, grace didn't truly want this but she needed to for herself. "why not?" gus asked through his tears "gus i have barely seen you for weeks, and when i do all we do is fuck and i refuse to just be something to put your dick in gus! we're not the same couple we were months ago and i don't know what happened to us but i don't like it. im sorry gus" grace was crying, she couldn't believe she was letting him go "grace no, i can't lose you baby please let me make it better, i'll fix this please i'll be better grace i promise" gus pleaded, he couldn't lose his girl now he couldn't lose his girl ever. "how gus? if you didn't wanna lose me how did you let this happen?" grace cried "baby please, give me a chance. let me tell you this, you go get some sleep and i'll be back to pick you up at 8" gus had a plan "okay" grace agreed, she'd give him one more shot "thank you baby, i promise i won't let you down. i love you grace" gus said overwhelmed with happiness that grace was willing to give him another chance, grace stayed silent for a minute and sighed "i love you too gus" grace couldn't help but say it, she did love him. grace did as gus said and went to bed to get some sleep before he came back. gus rushed frantically about the city making sure everything would go perfectly. grace woke back up around 6pm, she had a text from gus

gus
dress nice baby

grace didn't know what he was planning but she was looking forward to seeing what he had in mind. grace showered and straightened her hair and put on some light makeup, gus didn't like it heavy. the whole process took her just under two hours, she wore a basic black bodycon dress and black heels. she paced by the door waiting for gus, right at 8 he knocked on the door. gus stood in front of grace she was surprised at how well he dressed up. he handed her a bouquet of 12 roses, grace smiling uncontrollably at gus "you look absolutely beautiful grace" gus told her, she hugged him and went to put the flowers in the kitchen "where are we going?" grace asked "you'll see baby, come out front i have a surprise for you" gus led her down the stairs, careful that she wouldn't trip over her shoes. gus led grace out front, standing her in front of a brand new range rover. grace heard keys rattle as gus took them out of his pocket and put them into her hand "it's yours baby" gus told her "no" grace didn't believe him "yes baby, i got it for you" gus said pushing the keys into her hand "gus you didn't, you didnt" grace refused to believe what she was seeing "i did baby, it's 100% yours, now get in and follow the gps to the restaurant. grace hugged gus, still in shock "gus baby this is too much" grace said still unable to take it in "nothing is too much baby, you deserve the world and i wanna give it to you" grace didn't say anything, she just kissed him. grace got in her new car and followed the gps to the restaurant gus made reservations at, it was a fancy place but i didn't look busy at all- empty almost "i pulled some strings so it'll be just us baby" gus told her, grace still couldn't believe it all. gus was definitely proving himself. they sat down at table, candles were lit on the table and it was draped with a white table cloth. they ordered their drinks and gus began to speak "grace baby, i am so fucking sorry that i made you feel used. i know i was working a lot but i was doing it so i could give you this. grace delestre you make me a better man everyday and i love you so fucking much, i wanna get better for you baby i want you to have the best me all the time, i don't know if I'll ever completely stop but i promise ive been trying to use less and i swear on everything that i'll be better to you and try to be half the guy you deserve because you deserve so much better than me but i love you and i never want to hurt you again. baby im so sorry" gus apologized for his past faults "gus baby it's okay, this is all incredible and i appreciate it all but all i really need is you" grace told her boyfriend "baby i wanna spoil you, i have money now i wanna spend it on you, you're my fucking girl" gus insisted "i love you gustav". the two of them finished their meals, gus paid and they headed back to grace's new car, grace had driven about halfway back to her apartment "sleepover? please babyy" grace begged "of course, princess" gus agreed. grace took her makeup off and crawled into bed with gus for the night.