The First Night

'Well, he just slept in the car,' Natasha informed the others, 'so he will need to be fed.' As if on cue, Peter started crying out for food.

'What food does he like?' Asked Steve

'Steve, he's 6 months old, he's not fussy.'

'Right, on it.'

Steve walked, okay let's be realistic, nearly ran to the fridge to grab the food. God, he was excited. He had a small life to look after. When he got back, everyone was sitting on the couch and Bruce had Peter in his arms, holding him really awkwardly, like he was trying, but didn't know how to. Bruce's calming methods were not working. 'Would you like me to take him?' Asked Steve. Wordlessly, Steve took Peter from Bruce. Wow, this was his child. It was the first time he held him but god, his heart was already held between Peter's squishy little hands.

Steve might as well have been holding a bean, the child was so tiny compared to Steve. 'Do you want to feed our child now?'

'Oh yeah, right, yes, doing that.'

Steve gently poured the mush onto the plastic spoon and he started bringing it to Peter's mouth. Peter's eyes lit up with the sight of food And happily opened his mouth and closed his eyes expecting food only for Clint to bend over and eat the food right of the spoon. Peter's eyes opened wide and gave Clint to most betrayed, heart-broken look. The Avengers just stared at Clint, heck even Peter stared at Clint, who returned their stare with a look of confusion. Natasha decided to final ask what was on their minds. 'Why?'

'Have you ever tried baby food, that stuff's freaking delicious!'

They just kept staring at this bizarre man and wondering how he survived to this age. Peter started to wail again and focus was brought back to the child. 'May I feed him now Clint?'

'Yeah, yeah, go ahead, sure I only wanted to have a little bit.'

Still confused with his teammate, Steve started feeding Peter, who happily ate all the food in the packet. Steve sat Peter up on his lap. Peter turned his head to face Clint. 'Lin!' Peter cried in joy, 'lin! lin!' He then saw Natasha behind Clint, 'Ashaaaa.'

'Hey little buddy, do you want to play with Clint and I.'

' lin! Ashaaa.'

'Okay then little buddy, if uncle Clint or Auntie Nat give you a hard time, scream.'

Clint went to go get the toys as Nat picked up Peter and put him in the play pit. Tony sat on the couch and watched as his boyfriend went to check Peter's room for the millionth time and Bruce left for the lab. His favourite toy was the Thor Hammer, tony was a little *cough* VERY *cough* disappointed, but he did keep hitting Clint over the head with it, so that was very entertaining to watch. He was also quite a masterful builder with his LEGO. Natasha seemed so soft with the kid, Tony had never really seen this side of her before.

'Hey, Tony, you have been staring for like half an hour.'

'I'm waiting for him to hit you over the head with the LEGO.'

'He's your kid, you should play with him.'

Tony hesitated, he was too mature to play with children's toys, but this would be a good bonding time. So reluctantly, Tony swapped places with Clint on the floor of the play pit. He just sat their awkwardly. Peter smiled at Tony, got onto his feet and walked, very wobbly, over to Tony. Tony grabbed Peter over anxiously waiting for him to fall. Steve came in after triple checking the room was ready and smiled seeing his boyfriend with his arms wrapped around their child.

Peter sat on the ground and started handing Tony LEGO. So Tony and his son, wow HIS son, started building a LEGO tower.

Steve thought as he looked around, if this is what the next few years of his life is going to be, then he's ready.