✍ Chapter Eight✍

Dedicated to Sixfeetoffineapple and I-Am-You for their beautiful comments.

Eight | Matchmaking?

We can do no great things, only small things with great loveMother Theresa

~•~

"Let go of my arm Ada what is wrong with you?" Nife angrily asked.

"Sorry I was just angry," Ada apologized loosening her hold on Nife's soft skin.

"About what?" she queried while rubbing her hurting arm frowning when she noticed nail marks on it.

"You're matchmaking without me," Ada pouted.

"No I'm not! What do you mean?" Nife said avoiding Ada's gaze.

"You know very well what I mean!" Ada yelled impatiently.

Nife sighed and urged Ada to keep her voice down. They were still standing at the car park and people were staring at them especially the security men.

"Mummy why are you making mats without auntie Ada?" Tobi asked angrily stamping his foot. He had been impatiently listening to the conversation wondering why they weren't going in, he couldn't wait to play games with Ada's laptop or 'The Lords mobile' on her phone.

"You know better than to interrupt mummy when she's talking, don't you?" Nife looked at her son and frowned.

"Sorry mom," Tobi bent his head and concentrated on his Adidas sneakers.

"Nife," Ada continued.
"I know that sending her to his house wasn't the only option you had."
Nife didn't answer, she didn't want Ada to find out. Besides the plan didn't work out, it was just a little way to get Kemi to see him again thinking maybe he would ask her out.

"You could have gone yourself or sent someone else but you sent her. Do you still want to deny it?" Ada tickled Nifemi.

"Okay fine!" Nifemi finally admitted while laughing. "But it didn't work out anyway so it's no big deal."

They turned to greet some of their co-workers that passed by them. A lady that worked in the marketing department paused and gave Tobi's cheek a gentle tug. He giggled, this wasn't his first time of coming to his mother's office and he was known for his constant pranks.

"We can still do it, come on what do you say?" Ada continued poking Nifemi on her cheek.

"No! I'm not doing anything with you!" Nife insisted while slapping her hand off.

"Who says it's with only me hmm?" Ada laughed. Nife looked at her quizzically.

"We'll ask Kelechi to help since..."

"What?!" Nife exclaimed.
"You're not serious!" she added.

"I am! Come it will be fun like an adventure!" Ada giggled.