08

—Knowhere 1989—

Alexis and Quill had known each other for a steady year, Alexis only being 10 and Peter being 12. "I'm the better Ravager Star-Dork and you know it" She teased sticking her tongue out at Peter who had yet to grow into his Ravager uniform.

Yondu laughed is usual raspy laugh at the two kids he had taken aboard, he was learning how to become a father to the pair. Alexis was a handful and now he had Peter too worry about but there was no way he was going to hand him over to Ego; besides he kept Alexis out of his hair- or there lack of. "You're both good for thieving" The blue alien Udonta said trying to break down the possibility of an argument.

"Daddy, why am I not blue?" Alexis asked Yondu not understanding that she was adopted, Yondu had decided he would tell her about how he found in when she was much older.

"We'll talk about it when your older" he rustled her hair, "now why don't you go teach Pete how to pick pockets" he smiled down at his protege.

The young Alexis smiled up at her adoptive father and ran off to find Peter. She ran around the ship weaving in and out of the groups of Ravagers that gathered in the corridors. "Pete!" She called out running to his room. "Want to learn something coo-"  she paused as she saw he had a weird device in his hand and around his ears. "What's that?!" She pointed to the rectangular object.

Peter flinched and pulled his beloved Sony Walkman closer to his body to protect it. He was highly protective of his music player, it was one of the last things he had from his mother. "Be careful, Alexis" Peter sighed in relief that she didn't try to steal it. "It's a Walkman, it plays music" he explained. "Here" he put the headphones on her ears as her eyes lit up with wonder, she tapped her foot to the beat of Moonage Daydream.

"THIS IS SO COOL!" She yelled over the music. Alexis took the headphones off of her ears gently and handed them back to Peter, she could tell how much this weird device meant to him. "Yondu wants me to teach you how to pick pockets" she smiled excitedly.

"That's wrong" Peter said looking at her as if she was some evil child. "Didn't your mum ever teach you that?" He looked at her confused before realising she had spent her whole life on this ship.

"It's perfectly normal" she smiled ignoring his comment about her mother. "Now come on, you've gotta earn that Ravager patch" Alexis laughed before grabbing his arm and dragging him around the ship.

Alexis and Peter would grow close and close as each year passed, she taught him everything he knew; however as they entered their teenage years a rift began to grow between the pair.

Author:
Hi there so this was actually suggested by Hikari_Shimada  and I'm so happy that they did. I think I will continue to write little filler content like this from time to time. Let me know what you think.