Chapter 3

I go back to my apartment feeling a little numb after seeing Sean. Hearing him almost call me Pookie hurt my heart. I missed him. I couldn't deny it. I just wanted to kiss him and be held by him and be his Pookie again. But that wasn't going to happen.

I put the laptop on the counter. I made my mind focus on the apartment.  The apartment was small but I was proud of it. I had few furniture I brought as little as I could. My room reminded me of my room back in Sunnyvale court. But with newer stuff. Because that's all I had. The boys had gone all out for me when buying furniture. A king size bed with a cute bed frame with drawers underneath. I had a book shelf stocked full with books mostly novels. I didn't have any decorations to put up nothing to decorate my room.

I didn't take anything other then what they absolutely insisted I would need.  I gave some clothes to good will. Because I had too much and such little room to put them all. I got rid of mostly fancy dresses except a couple just in case the Academy required one for a mission.

I hear a little ding and pull out my phone.

Dr. R - Hey Sang you good for a meeting tomorrow @ 1 pm. Conference room B?

I can't help but sigh they let me off this long I wasn't too surprised they'd want to assign me a new group or a new mission.

Sang - that works :) see you then. 

I had An unsettling feeling in my stomach but different then nerves. Almost like nausea. I try to make myself eat the breakfast I poured into my cereal bowl but I couldn't. I was weirded out but didn't think much of it. I decide to do a little unpacking I got the first box and unpacked my bed sheets and pillow cases making myself busy making my bed. My room was small and it barely fit my queen sized mattress with little walking space . I had to keep my bed-frame in storage in the basement of the apartment complex.

My bedrooms closet was also really small and only had one shelf near the top of my closet. There was also a rack to hang clothes on. I pulled all my clothes out of the boxes and winced at how much there actually were. I don't know how I'm going to fit all of this. I hang all of my tops and dresses on the rack the closet now looked cramped but I'll have to be ok with that. Next I put all my folded pants and shorts on the high shelf with the help of a stool.

My heart ached remembering Gabriel helping me put all my clothes away when we first moved into the house at 16. I loved that house. It's where we were all allowed to be ourselves completely. But I had later realized we weren't ready. Some of the boys hadn't accepted the plan yet. And tension rose slowly until it spilled over and fights started to happen more often. It was hard for me to stay when I knew they were all my fault. I loved them all so much and it was hard to leave. Harder then I ever thought it would be. But it made it better that they wanted hints to end as well. Less hard.

I let myself feel betrayed by them though. I did feel betrayed. How could I not? I had asked for a break. A small break not a forever end. But they ended things with me. I felt hurt they chose each other over me. When before when times got hard some of them told me that if some of the others didn't agree with the plan they would stick with me. Wouldn't leave me. But they were all gone now. Not one chose me. And that hurt. I tried to understand their loyalty to each other even now.

I sighed looking at the clock and realize I have to get to my meeting soon I only had an hour and a half left so I decide to get ready I wanted to dress nice just in case I met my new trial team. I was a little worried about being put onto a girl team even after therapy I still had problems with girls I've gotten a lot better with them but being on a team I don't think I could handle. So I'm not really sure what sort of team I will be put on. I put on a blue soft blouse and a knee length white skirt with Black flats and a golden necklace with a golden bracelet some of the few accessories I had kept. I learned a bit of tips about make up from Gabriel and I wanted to look nice and not half dead so I had a little mascara and light eye Liner with some lip gloss.

I quickly brush out my hair and struggle with the straighter before I give up and decide it looks good enough. I grab my car keys and my phone and head out the door.

The drive to the hospital I'm nervous the entire way I tried to listen to the radio to keep my mind on something but my stomach is twisting and knotting and I'm just so nervous. I'm the first person besides Dr. Roberts to arrive in the room. Thankfully. We greet each other with a hug and friendly greetings. And he gestures that I should sit down before the others arrive confirming me though that I'm going to be put into a group.

"Now Sang I know your nervous. And you should be. But I think I've found the perfect group for you. They are a different sort of group then we usually have in the Academy. But I've heard that you've gotten along with some of them. It might be a little hard for you at first. But it'll be fine. I've taken account to your feelings and I hope you agree with my choices." He tells me.

I wasn't sure if I should sigh in relief or be confused with what he was saying. Before I could ask there was a knock at the door. "Come on in boys." Phil says. Boys?

Mr. Toma and what seems to be his team walks in including Raven and Marc. There were two tall men that could have been twins. Or maybe they were twins? And an attractive black man. Well they were all very attractive. Once they were all in the door was closed I found myself staring at the men and them staring right back at me. "Miss Sorensen?" Mr Toma asks right as Marc says "Sang?" I stand up and try to smile. Try to seem friendly.

"Uh hi." I say awkwardly.

"Stalking us now little bird?" Raven asks smirking. I can't help but role my eyes. "I got here first." I point out. He shrugs grinning.

"I assume you've all met?" Phil asks standing up as well.

"Not everyone." The black man comments.

"Well Sang this is the Toma Team Axel Toma, Marc Weiland, Brandon and Corey Henshaw, Raven and Kevin Johnson."

"Boys this is Sang Sorensen. The Ghost Bird."

Another knock interrupts again. But I can't help but see the Toma teams shocked expressions before Sean comes in after Kevin opens the door slightly. "Sorry I'm late." He says brushing off his clothes. "Got in a bit of a pickle on the way here." He finally looks up. And his gaze meets mine.

"Sang?"