Chapter 6 Part 2

"It's really okay if Raven comes along?" I ask Karen. 

"Of course he can come! Remember friends and family are invited." She says. I know she's excited for Karaoke. She's worked hard in planning the event. It was actually the event I was going to show Gabriel the surprise I've been working on for almost a year now. I'm sad I won't get to do what I planned, but I still wanted to showcase everything I've been working on. I have worked hard and spent so much time practicing in my spare time, which wasn't easy with nine boyfriends, and going to classes. 

Raven come over to us and looks down at me. "He'll come. He wants me to wait for him. You go and we'll come a little after." He says. 

"Sounds good! It's at Karaoke Joy in downtown Charleston, text Sang if you guys get lost." Karen says grinning. 

"We'll find it." He says then he ruffles my hair. 

"I'll see you later Little Bird." I watch him go back to the elevator a little surprised again at his touch. 

Karen grabs me by the arm and starts pulling me towards the lobbys exit. "I honestly can't tell if he likes you or sees you as a little sister." She tells me. 

"Honestly he really confuses me I don't know what to think."

 Karen looks me up and down in the car. "That's what you're going to wear?" She asks. 

I look down at my outfit and frown. I was wearing a cute light pink blouse and a blue skirt, I thought it was cute. "Yes?" I question. 

"Nu uh. Not happening. You need to show off your sexy ass self in your debut. I got an outfit for you in my trunk, you can change in the bathroom. I might have a curling wand back there too so we can spice up your hair." Karen says. 

"Are you sure? I feel comfortable in this." I say self consciously. 

"Yes it'll be perfect for tonight. You've worked so hard to build this ability, and you are so good. I want to show the confidence I want you to have it. Own it! You are awesome and I want you to feel that too." She says. 

"Thank you Karen. I know I need to work on my confidence and I've been trying." I tell her honestly. 

"Good! This outfit will make you feel super sexy and confident. Just wait and see."

---

I look at myself in the full length mirror running my hands down the pretty pink dress. It was short and had halter straps with an almost completely  open back. Its cute and flirty and I don't know how to feel about seeing myself in it. Karen even had jewelry for me to wear tonight including a pretty necklace and bracelet even clip on earrings. Which really surprised me, Karens earrings were pierced and the dress on Karen would be so short it would be a shirt at that point. It just made me question if she had bought this outfit for me. Even the shoes were my perfect size, a black stiletto. 

I knew I wanted to give her a special thank you but today I knew wasn't the day. She was running around making sure everything looked perfect, the food was going to come out at the right time even the speciality drinks she was watching over making sure they looked perfect. I was so grateful for Karen and she really just wants this night to be perfect for all of her students first debuts. 

I go out into the main area of the Karaoke bar and take a seat reserved for me and my guests. I look around at the empty seats and hope Raven comes with "his boy" whoever that was so that I wouldn't be alone. I thought back to the time that made me decide to start taking classes. A couple years after leaving Ashley Waters Karen reached out and wanted to meet up for lunch. We caught up and she told me about her failed singing career and how she realized that her path in life wasn't being a famous singer it was to teach people how to sing. She had found her passion in teaching people and she encouraged me to take a class to try it out. I told her about Gabriel mentioning that he always wanted to sing with me but I knew my voice wasn't the best. She's the one that came up with the idea to surprise Gabriel with me singing. I noticed the room was starting to fill and it looked like it was going to be a great turn out. 

Seans POV

I love karaoke and I definitely planned to get a little bit tipsy tonight. Raven didn't give much information when he came into Marc, Axel and his apartment. Simply "We are going to Karaoke Joy." It did take some encouragement for some of us but we all decided to go, well other then Axel, Brandon and Kevin who were all out on jobs. When we walked in the lights were already lightly dimmed and someone was singing, a man that wasn't too bad. Someone that looked familiar came over to us practically bouncing. "You came! Are they all with you?" She asks Raven. He nods, watching looking around the room. "Awesome we have a table reserved for you guys." She ushers us over to a empty table. "Everyone take a seat and someone will be around with drinks and food. Enjoy!" She says then scurrying off. We all take seats kind of confused. 

"I've never been to a Karaoke bar before but I didn't imagine it being something like this."Corey says looking around scooting his chair in more. 

"It's a bit more... organized then I remember. Did you reserve seats for us?" I ask Raven. 

"No. Does anyone see Sang? We were supposed to meet her here." He says still looking around the room. Even the music set up didn't look like a traditional karaoke set up. There was an actual band instead of a Dj playing a track which I've never seen before. 

"Wait Sang?" I asked surprised. 

"Yes she invited me." He says. 

"Now our next debut is Sang!" A voice calls out over the speaker. Sang? Sangs going to sing?

The curtains open just enough for Sang to walk out onto the stage and then shut behind her. The crowd cheers for her and she makes her way to the microphone thats at the middle of the stage. Her blonde hair is wavy, her make up is light but noticeable, her beautiful natural features are still there and I love that. She's wearing such a sexy short dress I can almost feel my heart stutter in my chest. "Can she sing?" Marc asks me from my right. 

"No, she's always said she can't sing." 

The music starts and I automatically recognize it the band playing it so beautifully as we all wait for Sang to sing. Her eyes are down cast as she waits and then she sings and her voice sounds like an angel and I automatically eat my previous words. She definitely can sing. Holy shit.