Chapter Seventeen

(Niall’s P.O.V.) 

When I woke up, I was tied up back to back with Allie. We were in a small, dark room. And we were alone. I groaned.

“Is there any food in here?” I asked. Allie didn’t answer. “Allie? Are you sleeping?”

She sniffed. “No.”

I was taken aback. “Are you crying?” I asked. Thought of Allie crying was unfathomable – it never even occurred to me that she could. I tried to hug her from behind, but it wasn’t working out too well. That made her laugh a little bit.

“Sorry, Niall. There’s no food.”

“Damn. So how do we get out?” I asked. She snorted.

“Good luck with that.”

“Hey! You’re supposed to know everything!” I shouted.

“Well I don’t know how we aren’t going to die. Sorry,” she mumbled. I groaned.

“I bet you do. Know why? Because you’re probably one of the most smart, bad ass mofos I’ve ever met. So why don’t you kick down a wall or something and we can book it?”

She sighed in frustration. “Sorry, Niall. But I don’t have a plan this time,” she said sadly. I raised my eyebrows.

“So we’re going to have to roll with the punches?”

She let out a short laugh. “You’re not going to give up, are you?”

“Not a chance.”

She was quiet for a moment. “Yep. Rolling with the punches, Nialler.”

Before I could respond, the door opened and light poured in. We were grabbed and dragged out of the room. “How are the punches rolling so far?” I whispered. She shook her head.

“I’m not sure.”

(Liam’s P.O.V.)

I flicked through the channels aimlessly, feeling empty. Spencer walked in behind me and planted a small kiss on my cheek. “Go to the news,” she instructed. I did as she said and changed the channel and we watched dully as the news reporter talked about global warming. Then the screen went fuzzy.

“What’s going on?” I asked, leaning forward. Then the show cut to a different, unprofessional video.

“Hello ladies and gentlemen. Come to see the show?” asked a raspy voice. Spencer and I both went rigid.

“Guys get in here!” Spencer shouted through the house. “NOW!”

There was a great deal of clatter and everyone filed into the room, Louis being last. His eyes were red and he looked downright depressed. I’d talk to him after this.

The camera shifted to the left and we saw Niall and Allie tied up back to back in the room. The camera went still and the man holding it ran up beside them. Donny looked at them both hungrily, then back at the camera.

“Oh, don’t be shy. Say hello,” he urged, licking his lips. They both remained stony. Niall and Allie seemed to be sweating hard and the ropes around them looked tight. Donny shook his head and pulled out a switchblade and pressed it to Niall’s lips. “Say. Hello.”

Niall squirmed around, accidentally slicing his lip on the blade. “Niall, say hello,” Allie begged, her voice sounding hoarse.

“Hello,” Niall breathed. Donny stood up straight and smiled.

“Very good,” he said. Then he looked up at the camera again. “As you can tell, I have only one member of One Direction, and his friend. So to fix my little dilemma, every day the rest of you don’t turn yourselves in or I don’t get my money, these two will get a new…wound.”