Chapter Thirteen

(Spencer’s P.O.V.) 

Death would have been a blessing.

Tied to a chair, gagged, and beaten senseless. That was the situation I was in now. Defenseless and broken. I could feel the sweat dripping off my forehead as he grabbed me underneath the chin and forced me to look at him, licking his lips again.

“Come on, Spence. You know I hate hurting you,” Donny rasped. He tore the gag out of my mouth and I spit on the floor trying to get the taste of dirty rag out of my mouth. He held up the dagger and laid it flat on my sweaty collarbone.

“Where are they going?” he whispered. I didn’t answer, just stared at him. He tilted the knife slightly and it began to dig into my skin. I felt a small bit of blood trickle down my collarbone and I winced. “Tell me and you won’t feel it anymore.”

I stared at him coldly and grit my teeth. “Like hell,” I spat. He shook his head and with one swift movement, sliced down on my collarbone, leaving a huge gash. I bit my lip, holding back a scream. He stepped back, laughing a little.

“Remember all those good times we had?” he asked. I resisted the urge to scream at him. I couldn’t give him that satisfaction. “Sneaking out of the agency? Talking about our feelings, showing little Erika the real world, watching after Allie? It was so great. And now…here we are.”

He walked forward and placed the dagger at my neck, licking his lips. I swallowed hard and stared into the unfamiliar eyes. “Where. Are. They?”

I knew that maybe I should just say it. But my life wasn’t of value anymore. So I smiled. “Up your ass,” I breathed. Maybe Allie was rubbing off on me. Donny sighed and took the knife away from my knife and placed new cuffs on my wrists, strapping me to the chair.

“I don’t want to have to do this, Spencer. But you’re not cooperating,” he said. He walked to the opposite wall. He placed his hand on a switch and I realized what he was doing about a second before he did it. He flipped the switch and pure electricity ran through my body, setting me on fire.

And this time, nothing could stop my screams.

Death would have been a blessing.

(Allie’s P.O.V.)

It only took another day to get to Wisconsin, and we were glad when we did. The agency had a special house reserved for us in the dead of the woods, the nearest civilization being at least ten miles away.

It was a big house and it was white. We had all reached an unspoken agreement to go back to our original partners. There were five rooms and nine of us. Liam had been silent for a day unless he needed something, and we were all beginning to worry.

I stood inside the living room of the new house and looked around with mild interest. Everyone had coupled up and ran for a room, but I just looked around. It was a house. A real house.

I hadn’t lived in one of these for years.

I felt a pair of hands on my hips and Louis leaned into my ear from behind and whispered, “We’re sharing a room, right?”

I nodded slowly, my heart busy exploding just by his touch. He wrapped his arms around me fully and turned me around to face him. He started to lean in, but he kissed my cheek and started up the stairs. “You’re a tease, Louis Tomlinson!” I shouted behind him.

He stopped on the stairs and turned to me with a cheeky smile. “And what does that mean?”

I met him halfway up the stairs, our faces ridiculously close together. “That means that you turn me on and leave me hanging,” I said softly. He raised his eyebrows.