Chapter 26

Austin and I have kept our relationship a secret for a month and a half. It's been difficult but somehow, we've accomplished it.
We decided we would tell Kane today.
Austin set up a meeting for us three. He told Kane that it was because I needed to speak to my investors.
Calli and I were sitting on the couch, watching TV, when I shot up off the couch and ran to the bathroom.
I vomited for what felt like forever.
Calli walked in and held my hair back. I let my body fall into the floor after I was done.
"Anna," Calli whispered.
"Yeah?" I groaned.
"Didn't you say you missed your period last week?"
"Yeah?"
"And now you're throwing up?"
I sat up. Oh no. I shook my head. "No. I can't be."
"Maybe we should go get a test, just to be sure."
I nodded.
"I'll be right back," she said.
She was back in ten minutes. I opened the box and began to worry. I can't be a mom. I'm not ready to be a mom.
I set the stick down on the sink and waited. Calli was sitting on the side of the tub.
"It's been 2 minutes," she said.
"I can't look at it," I whispered. She nodded and got up from the tub.
She didn't say anything as she looked at the results. I knew what that meant.
"I'm sorry Anna," she whispered.
I began crying. "How am I gonna be a mom Calli? What if he freaks out and leaves? I can't do this alone."
"First of all," she began, squatting in front of me. "Austin won't leave. Second of all, even if he was stupid enough, which he's not, you wouldn't be alone. You have me. I'm gonna be here every step of the way. I'm gonna be Aunt Cal, remember?"
I thought about our plans we made in high school. We'd get married and have kids. She would be the godmother to my children and I'd be hers. Her kids would call me Aunt Ann and mine would call her Aunt Cal.
"Aunt Cal and Aunt Ann, I remember." I smiled down at her. "Thanks Calli."
She smiled at me and patted my knee.
"You have a lot of news to expose today, go get ready."
I nodded and went to my room. I put on a navy blue pencil skirt and a white blouse.
I grabbed my phone and texted Austin, telling him I was on the way.
As I walked in, I saw Morgan sitting at the desk. Her head was hung low and the phone was up to her ear. I walked to her as soon as she put the phone down.
"Hey," I smiled.
She looked shocked. "Oh, hey. What are you doing here?"
"Meeting with the guys."
"Oh," she said. She wouldn't keep eye contact with me.
"Mo, you okay?"
"Yeah," she said. I knew she was lying but I let it go. I turned and walked toward the elevator.
"Anna?" She called. I turned back around.
"I have to tell you something."
I walked back to her. "Okay?"
"Please don't be mad. I didn't mean to. I was drunk."
"What are you talking about?"
"I slept with Kane."
"What?" I said.
"I slept with Kane. Last night."
I giggled. "Morgan I don't care. It's okay."
"Are you sure?"
"Yes Mo. Look, I'm going to go ahead and tell you since we are telling Kane today. I chose Austin. We've been together for the last month and a half."
"Oh my gosh!" She squealed quietly. "I was hoping you'd pick him. You two are much more compatible."
I winked at her. "By the way, Kane is about to be kind of dumped so maybe you should be around later today to comfort him. I know how you feel about him."
She smiled. "How did you know?"
"Mo, you're not good at hiding your feelings. I've known you liked him since that morning he was down here talking to you and you couldn't keep your eyes off of him. You blush every time he compliments you. I'm not stupid. I'm a girl too."
"Why did you never get mad at me?"
"Because I knew that it was Austin. I knew the moment after I made the mistake of sleeping with both of them."
She nodded. "Okay, well, you better get up there."
I said my goodbyes to Morgan and walked to the elevator. It dinged, signaling my arrival to the bosses suite.
"Anna," Kane greeted, smiling.
"Hello Kane," I said.
"Austin is waiting in his office."
"Okay," I smiled.
We walked into Austin's office and he was sitting behind his desk. He is so beautiful. His green eyes shone with happiness.
We were finally doing it. We could finally be together in the public eye. We knew it was going to be rough with Kane but we were happy that we could finally do this. We are tired of hiding.
"Please take a seat, Kane. Anna, come here."
I walked to his side. Kane looked confused as he sat down.
"Kane," I began. "We have something to tell you."
He didn't say anything.
"Anna and I have been seeing each other and she has decided to not be with both of us anymore. She doesn't like the idea of being shared."
"I chose Austin, Kane. And I'm sorry if that hurts you but he and I, well, we just click. I can't keep lying to myself or you. It's not fair to either of us."
Kane still didn't say anything.
"Kane say something," Austin said.
"This is what this meeting was for? Not for you to talk to your investors?" Kane asked.
"Yes," I whispered.
"We both wanted to tell you in person. So we set this up to do so."
Kane shook his head, standing up. He looked at me. "Am I not good enough? Is that what it is Anna?"
"No Kane, of course not." I walked to him and placed my hand on his cheek. "I love you Kane. But I love you in a different way than I love your brother. I care for you in a more friendly way. You deserve better than this, okay? Better than me."
He shook his head. "Whatever," he muttered, walking out.
I sighed and plopped down in the chair he had occupied.
Austin remained quiet. "Did you tell Morgan?"
"Yeah, she said she would be there."
"Good, he needs her."
I nodded. "I know."
I closed my eyes and laid my head back on the chair.
"Are you okay?" He asked, quietly.
"I have something that I have to tell you Austin and I don't know how to do it."
"Just say it," he said. "I can handle whatever it is as long as it's not you breaking up with me."
I laughed. "I don't know. Breaking up with you would probably be easier than this."
"Did you cheat on me?" He whispered.
"What? No! No, Austin, nothing like that."
He released a heavy breath. "You're scaring me." He said.
"Austin," I began. "I'm pregnant."