Missed Flight; Found Love

"Mama, can you tell me how you met Papa?" your eight-year-old son wondered.

Cuddling him tightly, you giggled, "Masato, why are you suddenly asking?"

"I met a really pretty girly through the weirdest way," he explained.

"Is that so?" you leaned your head forward. "How did you meet her?"

"I accidentally hit her with a ball and broke her glasses," he blurted.

"Masa-kun?! Why didn't I hear about this before?"

"There was no need to tell you. Shiina-chan and I worked it out and became friends. We promised to marry each other one day."

"Wow. You met the love of your life before I ever did."

"Papa?"

You nodded, "Your Papa is my eternity."

「Flashback: several decades ago」

"Flight 739 to Tokyo, Japan is leaving now," the lady on the intercom announced.

"Dang it!" you screamed.

Walking up to the counter, you filed a complaint, "I missed my flight because of the check-in. I waited there for five hours and they held me back for no reason."

The man nodded, "I'll see if there's any opening in the next flight for you."

After waiting a bit, you receive a ticket to the next flight due to arrive in six hours.

You walked to the chairs and loudly sighed and groaned. Sitting down in one of the chairs, you notice you sat next to a blue-haired man who earbuds on.

"Woah. I'm sorry," you apologize.

"Huh?" he takes out his earbuds. "I didn't hear you."

"Oh. Never mind then."

You two sat in silence for an hour. Then, you decided to break the ice, "Okay. So, I'm very very bored and really really annoyed."

"Missed your flight?" he wondered.

"Yes!"

"Tell me about it. I did too."

"Flight 739 was a disaster," you two spoke simultaneously.

Then, you two started talking about how terrible your days were going.

You both were going back to Japan to see family.

The check-in gate blocked you two from going in for no reason.

You just wanted to go home.

"I didn't think we would be this alike. Speaking of which, what's your name."

"Makoto."

"I'm Y/N."

"Nice to meet you." He shakes your hand.

"Wow, I think I fell in love with you," you added.

"Tell me about it. Me too," Makoto responded, knowing it was totally not like him to do that.

「Present Day」

"Then, it turned out that the tickets they gave us was for the wrong place so we took the flight and had to spend a night at the hotel. It was crazy."

The little boy had sparkles in his eyes, "Was there free breakfast?"

Remembering the wild night, you sheepishly chuckle, "Yup. But... free dinner and dessert for the previous night too."

"That's so cool!"

"And that's how I met your father."

Changing feelings all of a sudden, Masato looked disgusted, "But... ew. That's gross, Mama. You fell in love with someone you just met?"

"If I didn't, you wouldn't exist," you laughed.

"But still. That's creepy."

A blue head peeped out from the wall. "What's creepy?"

"Papa!" Masato cheered.

「Time skip: 20 years later, Masato's wedding」

"You know, Mama met Papa at an airport when they both missed their flight? They met each other so randomly."

"They're the same as us too. Love at first sight."

—————
i wanted to make this longer but then it would drag so now it's just short and sweet!
~cordy-chan