Affettuoso

not requested!

a one-shot where lovely reader-chan and makoto-kun are in the same section in band and makoto-kun is the section leader.

ーーーーー

"Y/N-san, can you play measures 10-15?" Makoto gestured to you with his hand.

Nodding, you clutched your instrument closer to you.

In sync with Makoto's raising hand, you took in a deep breath. Lips buzzing and air flowing, the tone of your playing spread through the air.

Makoto smiled while conducting. Going over the said measures, Makoto cut you off. Breaking eye contact with you, he shifted his gaze to the adorable underclassmen. "And that is a beautiful demonstration of our melody. Any other questions?"

One of the two underclassmen raised his hand, with curiosity visible in his eyes. Makoto gave him a nod and he began to speak, "At the part where it says we play piano, I think she was playing louder than that. Do we do that as well?"

Makoto turns to you and smiles, "Yes. [Band Teacher's Name]-sensei told us that we should play out even if the music tells us to play softly. We're a section of four in a band of 100. We won't be heard otherwise."

"Thank you for the clarification."

"It's my job as a section leader," Makoto responded seriously.

After band finished up, you and Makoto were left alone. While putting your instrument away, you stared at Makoto. Practicing conducting and reviewing the music, Makoto looked so diligent. You liked seeing him like this. You liked being in his section.

Actually, you liked him as a whole.

Your crush on him persisted ever since you met him in the year before this one. He's your upperclassman, but he didn't treat you any different. He treated you as an equal.

"-/N. Y/N. Y/N" it seemed as though he was calling your name, but you ignored it.

"Y/N. Y/N."

Snapping back to reality, you realized he actually was calling you.

Standing up, your face turned a fiery red. "Oh my Goodness! I'm so sorry."

"Sorry for what?" he chuckled. "You were just staring at your instrument, lost in thought. That's nothing to be sorry about."

"Oh I'm sorry."

"No need to be sorry," he diverted his attention from you to his co-section leader, Yukari Takeba, who had just entered.

"Makoto-kun, I wanted to talk to you about something," she stated, eyes glued on him.

He nodded and followed her to the hallway. After finishing up what you were doing, you prepared to head out. But before you could exit the room, you heard bits of your section leaders' conversation. "Section leaders shouldn't date. It'll change everything," a female voice, most likely Yukari, announced sternly. "What if you two break up? What would happen then?"

Hearing nothing from Makoto, it seemed like Yukari was talking to herself.

"Don't complicate things. But, I won't stop you."