One More Night

not a request!
i lowkey based this off of end of the world's "one more night". it's a really good song! everyone should check it out!

ーーーーー

I know you'll be on a plane in a little
And you're leaving without me

It was your last day with your childhood best friend and crush, Makoto Yuki. The reason being you're leaving for college tomorrow. Despite having to leave your love, you wanted to follow your dreams of becoming a [dream occupation]. So, you chose an out-of-state university that's famous for the program.

On this day, Makoto was busy due to work. Makoto was a couple of years older than you, so he was the big brother you never had growing up. As you grew up, your feelings for him evolved from big brother to wannabe boyfriend.

Throughout your room, your ringing phone echoed. While you picked it up, you saw the caller id and read "Makoto". Scrambling, you answered the call, "Hi."

"Hi," he replied.

"So... are you gonna come over?" you asked.

"Yes. I'll be right there," he said in the normal cool tone of his.

"Okay. I'll be waiting," you approved.

"I'm here."

Right when he said this, the doorbell rang. Across the hallways, you yelled out, "I'LL GET IT!" to warn everyone not to open it. Rushing to the door, you slammed into many types of furniture. From tables to chairs to a giant vase that almost tipped over.

When you opened the door, you gazed at Makoto's calm demeanor. Because you were running, you were slightly tired and panting.

"Are you okay?" he wondered.

Nodding, you could see that he was actually concerned. "Yup. I'm fine. I just ran into some stuff on the way to the door."

"What?" Although he sounded concerned, he still looked the same.

"I'm okay," you persisted.

"That's good," he laid his hand on your shoulder.

"Come in."

You moved aside to make a way for him to go inside. After he entered, you locked the door and headed upstairs. Like you thought and knew, he followed you. When you got to your room, you shut the door to give you some privacy.

But don't go away!
Don't run away for a little
How do I get you to see?

"Don't leave," he spoke all of a sudden, while your back was still turned to him.

"What do you mean?" you walked to him. Sitting on the space on the bed next to Makoto, you asked again, "What do you mean?"

"How do I tell you?" he added.

"Tell me what?" you were getting annoyed.

"I don't want you to leave," he looked everywhere in the room except at you.

"It's not like I'm not coming back," you assured. "It's only a few years. And plus, I will go back here on breaks to visit."

"Still," he kept avoiding eye contact. "I love you too much to see you go."

The truth is that I fell in love with you
And now I don't know what to do
But I'd do anything to steal a little time

"Y-y-you love me?" you stuttered. Using your hands, you grabbed his face to make him look at you. "What do you mean?"

"I love you..." he mumbled. "It's not that hard to understand."

"Wait, seriously?!" you couldn't believe his words.

"Yes. Is there anything wrong with that? It's not like you're a stranger," he explained.

Unexpectedly, you burst out laughing, "HahahahahahaHAHAHAHAHAHahahAHAHAh." Noticing how serious he was, you stopped. "Wait, you aren't kidding?"

He shook his head and looked at you like he was annoyed. "No. I'm not. What don't you get?" He appeared unamused.

"I'm sorry..." you looked down at the floor, cheeks stained with red.

I need one more night! I need one more night!
Let me change your mind
Give me one more night... one more night...

"Fine," he sighed. "If you don't like me back, you can just give me tonight."

"What do you mean?" you looked up at him. As if nothing was happening, he looked exactly the same as he usually did: emotionless. "I do like you. But, I'm not gonna give up my dream. I'll come back. Then, we'll be together."

I don't know how to say goodbye
It's obvious that I'm pretending to be fine
But you're here now.
Now I have to try
To convince you to stay with me here for life

"Long distance is difficult," he persuaded.

"We'll make it work. I mean, we were barely together when there was school," you made clear.

"But we still saw each other daily even for just a minute," he argued.

"We can call, text, and video chat everyday," you pushed. "It won't be that hard. And this is my dream," you placed your hand on his. "Are you saying I should give up my dream?"

"No. I don't want you to do that."

"Then?"

Slipping his hand away, he flipped his hair off his face. This way, both his eyes were exposed to me. "I'm being selfish," he said in a sorry tone. "I'm sorry."

"No," you shook your head and leaned closer to him. "It-"

After leaning so close that your noses touched, he swooped in and kissed you on the lips. Immediately, you closed your eyes and enjoyed his warm lips on yours. Wrapping your arms around his neck, he wrapped his around your waist. His lips were warm and soft, tasting like blueberry chapstick which matched his hair. The room was silent except for your moans in between the kiss.

Before things got out of hand, you pulled back. "That was the greatest thing I've ever experienced," you panted.

ーーーーー
this was kinda the most intimate one shot i've published for this story i think.

CHECK OUT MY PERSONA IMAGINES BOOK!! here i am once again with the shameless self promo.
~meister alchemist