Wherever You Are

not a request!
inspired by one ok rock's song "wherever you are"
ldr!makoto x ldr!reader
long distance relationship yayy
i guess this could be somehow related to my other fic one more night, but it's not.
ーーーーー

Wherever you are, I always make you smile
Wherever you are, I'm always by your side
Whatever you say, kimi o omou kimochi
I promise you "forever" right now
=
Wherever you are, I always make you smile
Wherever you are, I'm always by your side
Whatever you say, you're always on my mind
I promise you "forever" right now

"Y/N."

From the screen, you could clearly see your blue-haired boyfriend calling your name.

For a few years, you had been in an ldr, or long distance relationship. Although you two were far away, you felt as though you were always together. Everyday, you made sure to video call and tell about your days. You also texted each other to say where and what you were doing.

"Makoto-kun."

Nothing ever went wrong with you two. You were happy with that.

Everyone, as in everyone, was against your relationship. They all said that long distance relationships never worked. But, that was years ago. So, technically, you already proved them wrong.

"It's a shame that we can't be together on our third anniversary but I guess it can't be helped." His eyes stayed glued on you.

"It doesn't matter. An anniversary is no different than a normal day for us," you winked. "I love you."

He smiled a little. "I love you too."

"Hey," you both spoke at the same time. "You first." Again.

"Okay... I'll go first," you broke the silence. "So, where are you going for our anniversary?"

"Hm." He thought. "I made an agreement with Junpei. We're meeting up with Akihiko and Mitsuru."

"Ah. I see." You looked to the floor, dejected. "Promise me. We'll see each other next year."

"I promise."

Forcing a smile on your face, you held back your tears. This was the first anniversary you weren't together. If it weren't for your parents not lending you money, you would've been able to make it.

You had a job. But, it was low-paying and you didn't have many work days due to college. He was in another city following his dreams.

"Y/N-chan."

"Yes, Makoto-kun?"

"I love you."

"Me too."

"I'm really sorry that I can't go to you this year. I've been running out of money... and I can't use my savings."

"It's okay..." you sincerely smile. "I really understand you. I'm sorry too."

Makoto looked at his watch. Eyes widened, he told you, "Ah, I have to go. I'll chat with you tomorrow, okay. I love you."