01 || Case Gone Wrong

REMINDER: this is an AU where Connor is still a machine and the story takes place in April (before the revolution)

Third Person PoV
|| Hank and Connor

A certain android had a coin that was passed quickly between two hands. It was twirled and flipped consistently, only a small dash of silver seen.

A small ding interrupted the action and the coin was put away. The android straightened his tie and awaited the doors to slide open.

Connor stepped out of the elevator and made his way to his desk. Upon arriving, he waited for his partner Hank. Just before Connor sat down, his LED flickered yellow then back to blue as he was given a deviant case. Connor analyzed the file and stored it for when Hank arrived.

About ten minutes later, Hank shuffled into the building and up the elevator to the work office. He found Connor and greeted him with a nod.

"Any cases this morning, Connor?" Hank asked, rearranging the files on his desk.

"There is one, Lieutenant.  A deviant case was reported at an apartment building on the other side of Detroit this morning at 4:16 AM," Connor stated. His LED was yellow as he stared down at his desk. "It seems that this is a very big one."

Hank brushed it off. "Nothin' we can't solve." He began to stand up from his chair but stumbled. Connor helped him up and analyzed. He found traces of whiskey on Hank and he stared.

"Lieutenant Anderson, I will drive this morning. My analysis reads that you've been drinking again."

Hank grimaced at Connor. "Shit, what's it to you?" he snapped harshly. Connor stared. Hank sighed. "Sorry. Well, alright fine, let's get moving. What's the address?"

﹂﹁ ﹂﹁﹂﹁

Connor drove the police cruiser up next to the apartment building and parked it. Hank and Connor both stepped out and shut their doors. Walking up to the building, Hank began conversing with other officers and officials. Connor continued on into the building and to the apartment. Luckily, it was on the first floor.

He cautiously stepped in the room and took a quick look around. The room was fairly small. It occupied mini kitchen and a little living room with a bed. On the bed, however, was a body of a woman.

Connor walked up and analyzed. Her name was Melody Manner, aged 37 years and was born July 7th, 2001. The victim had a total of seven gun shots in her chest, one in each leg, and two in her head. Her cause of death had been gun wounds and loss of blood. She was killed in her sleep.

Connor bent down and looked at the gun shells. They were those of a P9 handgun: Melody's own handgun.

Standing up, Connor walked around to the side of the bed. A yellow tag labeled a journal as a piece of evidence. Connor picked up the journal and began reading.

April 2nd, 2038
I woke up with a slight cough this morning. Without even asking, my Anna android model had made me soup and had gotten me cough drops. She came to me and requested I sleep and take the day off from working. I insisted that I was fine, but she said she didn't want me straining myself. I ordered her to not worry about me, but she abstained! She pushed me back into my bed and said 'No, you will rest.'

I couldn't believe it. After all my work, it was working. Showing extensive care for an android has positive effects: deviancy! This is another one for my books.