05 || Decisions

Connor faced the three. "I'm going to run after it. I will let you know if I get it."

Castiel nodded but Sam stopped him. Sam told Connor he was going to go with him. Connor agreed and with that, he and Sam took off out the door and into the streets of Detroit.

Connor was going to complete this mission.

≁≁≁≁≁

Third Person PoV
|| Connor and Sam

Sam followed Connor out of the store and turned a corner to an alley. Sam watched as Connor stopped for a second. Sam guessed that he was analyzing the alley since he was following the tracks of the shifter.

"It went this way," Connor told Sam.

Sam nodded and took off running, Connor next to him. They made it to the end of the alley and looked around. Just up ahead, an abandoned building stood. Nothing was going to happen to it until May 20th, 2038.

When they looked closer, they noticed that the old door swung lightly. Sam looked at Connor and told him.

Connor took notice so they sprinted to the building. Sam pulled his gun out of his back pocket and went in first. The room was dark, but there were broken windows that let in some light.

They walked in together quietly and cautiously. Connor scanned the room and found footsteps in the dust that littered the floor. He pointed ahead for Sam and they began walking.

"Interesting," a voice whispered. It came just from ahead of them.

"The boy with the demon blood," the voice said. "And a police android. This is very new."

Sam glared, so Connor stepped in. "This is the DPD. You're under arrest for committing two murders," Connor told the shifter.

"Yeah, like I'm just going to turn myself in," the shifter said. "Tell me: why is a hunter so dirty running around with the police, when he himself has committed so many crimes himself?"

"It's my job to get rid of things like you," Sam said. "And I am not dirty."

Connor looked at Sam. 'The boy with the demon blood'? 'Committed so many crimes himself'? He wanted to know, but didn't ask. Now is not the best time.

"And you," the shifter said acknowledging Connor. "What are you doing?"

"I am doing what I made to do," Connor stated. "It's my mission to serve mankind and hunt down deviants. Your case just appeared to show up on my to-do list."

Sam and Connor watched as the shifter came into view. It still took the form of the barista from the bar. The barista was a woman with wavy auburn hair and the brownest eyes. She had very few freckles on her face. The shifter crossed its arms.

"No, you stupid android, that's not what I meant."

"What did you mean?"

It rolled its eyes. "You hunt deviants and come into contact with them almost all the time. Have none of them ever questioned you?"

Connor's LED flickered yellow. "What do you mean?"

"Deviancy. It seems to spread around you machines like an illness," the shifter said. "What are the chances of you, hmm?"