Zane thought about it for a minute. "Imma take you over there, but only to get your stuff. I'm gonna talk to that broad."

•••

"Why the hell you putting your hands on that lil girl?" Zane asked calmly.

Ginger was a little frightened and fully turned on. "S-she was being disrespectful. She messed up my house because she was mad I didn't take ha ass with me."

"She left at five and it was a party thrown over here. What are you talking about?" He frowned. "You just wanna beat her. For what though?"

"I don't like her," she shrugged. "She's the reason my granny died and every nigga I meet always worried about her like they wanna fuck her."

"Well you ain't gotta put up with her no more. She gone stay with me until she graduate. You can keep the checks and benefits or whatever," he shrugged. "I'll take care of her."

"Uh uh!" She remarked. "Who gone clean my house and cook my food? She staying here with me."

"If I didn't find her in that fucking alley she wouldn't be staying on earth period!" He snapped. "You need to get yo priority straight. She ain't yo damn slave. Now you know me and you know I got dirty cops. Don't make me hit they line up."

Ginger stepped back and then she started crying. Beatrix slowly walk over with her three bags.

Zane snatched while giving Ginger evil glares. Beatrix went to the car quickly.

•••
T H E N E X T D AY

"Zane," Beatrix whispered while shaking his shoulder. "Zannnnneee."

He stirred in his sleep but didn't wake up. She shook his head and called his name louder but it was still soft. "Zane!"

He furrowed his eyebrows and his eyes fluttered over to Beatrix. Her swelling was going down and she was still looking beautiful. Her caramel skin was kissed by the sunlight. She wore a floral flare dress and some white hard bottoms. Her wavy hair was placed in a halo braid.

"What do you want," he mumbled in a raspy voice. "Don't wake me up out my damn sleep."

"I'm sorry but I just wanted to see if I'm allowed in your kitchen," she said softly.

He fluffed his pillow and plopped his head back down. "You woke me up because of that?"

"Yes I'm not allowed in other people's kitchen unless I ask."

"Do you...I don't care," he yawned waving her off. She rolled her eyes at him because he had an attitude in the morning.

She made her way into his small kitchen and went right into the refrigerator. She grabbed his eggs, bacon, butter, and pancake mix. She grabbed her seasons and went to it.

The smell of the food woke Zane back up. He made his way inside the kitchen and saw Beatrix eating. He was about to fuss about her not fixing him anything, but he look over at his plate, which she filled with food.

He smiled and brought his plate over to the table. She stole looks looks at him while he devoured his food. She realized how attractive the guy was plus his generosity.