Chapter 32

hello everyone :) <3 before i even say anything, i want to send a brithday shoutout to one of my best friends @Ppcorn100 YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! sooooooo GO WISH HER A HAPPY BIRTHDAY! DO IT NOW!!!!!!!!!! ;) okay, so with that said, i wanted to sorta apologize for making the last chapter awkward. i didn't mean to make you feel uncomfortable or anything... and in my defense, i DID give you a warning that said it was going to be an awkward chapter, so HA! lol okay, sooooo this chapter probably isn't gonna be very long, but i hope you like it anyways :) i worked really hard on it, sooooo ENJOY!!!!!!!!!! <333333 okay, BYE! <3

NIALL’S P.O.V.

            My eyes slowly peeled open the next morning and I was blinded by the light streaming in through our bedroom window. At least it was a nice day out… I groaned, however, and turned over so my back was facing the terrible late morning sunlight. I smiled when I saw Kayla cuddled up into the sheets facing me. Her lips were sealed shut and I could hear her steady breathing. She was so beautiful when she was sleeping…

            My thumb raised and I brushed some hair that was on her cheek, behind her ear. Her eyelids fluttered a little bit, but she went still again, her breathing evening out again.

            “I love you,” I whispered. She didn’t hear me, but I think she already knew. I hoped she knew.

            I moved a bit closer to her in bed and she slowly started to wake up.

            “Mmm…” she moaned as her tired eyes slowly started to open. I could only smile at her as she stretched out in bed and turned onto her side to face me. “Good morning…”

            “How are you this morning, beautiful?”

            She yawned and covered her mouth, “Good… no, great.”

            I smiled even wider and leaned in for a kiss. Her hand held the side of my neck gently while my lips pressed against hers. I never wanted to get out of bed.

            “How did you sleep last night?” I whispered on her lips.

            “I was perfectly fine…” she replied with a small smile. It was as if nothing could ruin this moment between us. It was the two of us, and that’s all it should be. I loved it that way. She gave me another peck on my lips before I wrapped my arms around her and started nuzzling her neck. She tried to hold in giggles, but ultimately failed.

            I tickled her sides and she burst out laughing. I pulled her closer to me and kissed her again. “I’m sorry love, I just had to wake you up…”

            She shook her head, another smile spreading across her lips, “I love you, you know that?”

            I nodded, “But I’ll bet I love you more…”

            “I think it’s a tie then,” Kayla whispered as she pressed her lips against the side of my neck. We cuddled for what felt like hours, but in reality, was probably only a couple minutes. It was as if no one could separate the two of us. We just gave each other little kisses, not caring about anything else around us.

            At one point, I took her bare arm and planted small kisses from her shoulder, and slowly down to her elbow, to the underside of her wrist. I pulled away and saw a light pink scar. It was very subtle, but it was there. Kayla didn’t seem to notice though. I kissed it once, thinking maybe it was just my imagination, but when I blinked, it was still there, about two and a half inches long. I furrowed my eyebrows and squinted my eyes, wondering how in the world she’d gotten it.