Chapter 50

omg!! can you believe it?!? 50 chapters!!! damn ;) well anyways, i hope you like the chapter :) AND i am dedicating it to one of my favorite ppl on wattpad, Lauren :) I LOVE YOU LAUREN!! <3 sooo i hope you all like it! :D comment! ENJOY! <3 oh, the song on the sidebar, that's the song i've been listening to non-stop, sooo listen to it! it has nothing to do with the chapter, BUT WHATEVER!!!! okay, BYE! <3

The next morning, I woke up and Maya wasn’t in bed next to me. I laid in bed for a little while longer until I finally got up and trudged out of our room and downstairs. I could faintly smell Maya’s coffee started up in the kitchen.

            Louis was sitting next to Madeline at the island, but she was looking down at her hands, not accepting his kisses or his hugs. Maya was standing across from them, looking at the counter, not saying anything.

            “Good morning everyone,” I tried to say happily.

            “Morning!” Louis replied with a smile. I got no response from Maya or her cousin. I walked over to her but she didn’t look up at me.

            “Can I have my good morning kiss?” I whispered, kissing the top of her head. She shied away from me, shaking her head. “Come on, please?”

            Maya shook her head again and turned around to face the fridge, but not opening it. She had her arms crossed over her chest. I stepped back over to her and wrapped my arms around her waist. I started nuzzling her neck, in hopes of getting her to kiss me, but it didn’t work. She just squirmed out of my grasp, not saying anything.

            I watched as she walked into the living room and sat down on the couch. I looked at Lou who was trying to do the same thing, but getting the same response from Madeline. She got up and joined Maya on the couch.

            “I have work today,” I whispered to Louis.

            “Do you want me to stay with them?” he asked, “I can call in sick…”

            I looked into the family room where the girls were moving back under the blanket and turning on the TV. I didn’t want them being alone, but Louis and I both had to work, and so did Maya. Was she going to just stay home all day?

            “No, go to work, I think they need alone time,” I replied quietly, but Maya didn’t look over anyway. I could’ve screamed it out and she wouldn’t have looked over.

            I walked out from around the island and sat down next to my wife. I pulled some hair out of her face and she tried to inch away from me.

            “Hey,” I whispered, trying to turn her face to meet mine. She just shook her head though. I had to gently take her face in my hands to make her look at me. She looked as if she was going to start crying again. “Are you going to work today?”

            Maya shook her head no.

            “Well you have to call them if you’re not going to go…” I said softly once she pulled away from me. She just looked down at her hands. “Please call them for me,” I whispered, brushing my thumb over her cheek. She didn’t look at me. “I have to leave for work; will you be okay on your own?”

            Maya only merely nodded and looked down at her thumbs.

            I sighed and stood up, walking back into the kitchen where Louis had turned around and was watching both girls moping on the couch. I didn’t expect it to be this bad. Lou looked at me as I walked up next to him. I put both hands on the counter and stared down at it. Louis stood up and patted me on my back, “It’ll be okay.”