Kasumi and I had talked a few times before, but she was always so withdrawn.  I could tell that she was smart; I didn't need to see her test scores to know that.  In fact, she was in the top ten out of all of the second years.  I guess that she just doesn't feel comfortable sharing her opinions and thoughts with other people, but that is what intrigues me about her.  I can't blame her, because she was home schooled for all of her life, with very conservative and protective parents, and then the very first person she met was Tamaki who scared her nearly half to death.  We did have decent conversations, but it just took a while for it to get started and there were usually a few gaps of silence that I had to break.  Other than that, it felt easy to talk to her.  We mostly talked about her dad's security systems and her older brother who wants to teach.  She really admires her brother that was for sure.  She always talks about him and how outgoing he is.  

As soon as lunch starts, Tamaki makes sure to remind me of asking Kasumi.  It doesn't take too long to find her at all since she's at the same place as always: the Art Room #2.  She is just sitting alone in one of the desks near the window, sketching on her drawing pad in with her old, worn pastels with a small smile on her face.  Her black hair is in a tight bun as it always was and had headphones similar to the ones Hikaru owns over her ears.  

"Hello, Mii-chan!"  Temaki yells.  

Kasumi flips her sketchpad closed and looks at him with a cautious look.  She pushes the pause button on her CD player and removes her headphones off of her head and let them hang around her neck.  "Hello, Suou-san.  Hello, Otori-san."  She relaxes a bit when she saw me, but continues to keep a straight rigid face.  "Is there anything you need?"

"We, the wonderful Host Club, would like you to paint our club portrait," Tamaki says in his prince-like pose.  

"Um, why me?  Why not ask the Art Club?"  She reaches into her backpack and takes out a handkerchief to rub her hands, trying to clean them from the pastel residue.

"Because Kyo—!"  I push Tamaki away before he could finish his sentence.  He was about to make it sound like I had feelings for the girl which I most certainly do not.  She is a nice girl, and I might like her slightly more than the other girls for not being stupidly gaga over every guy with than above average look, but we don't have much in common.  She is the 'intro-artsy' type while I was the 'calculative' type, not to say that there is anything wrong with her, but if we don't have anything in common I wouldn't be able to benefit off of her as a 'couple'.

"Your father had brought some of your paintings over at our house one evening to show off your talent in case there would be some interest while he was updating our alarms in one of our summer homes.  They are well done and we need a sort of an 'inside-job' done for us."  I make sure that I'm smiling in a friendly way.  It's the same smile I give to potential customers at the club.

"Because of all of your fangirls?"   She looks at her hands and starts to rub them again.

"Yes," I agree.  "In fact almost all of the members within the Art Club consist of girls who come to the Host Club so we can't really depend on them, you see."

"Oh, because of the whole favoritism thing?"

"Yes, exactly.  That would cause a bit of problems for our profit."

"Okay.  Um, when do you need it?"  She has a small smile.  

Tamaki pops up right next to her, scaring Kasumi again, and making her drop her kerchief.  I bend over to pick it up while Tamaki was talking.  "Anytime before the year is over is just fine, but we would like it as soon as possible.  You see, Mori and Honey will be graduating this year and we wanted the portrait of the very first and wonderful Host Club to be hung on the walls of the school so people will remember us in the future!"