accidents happen

exlaimer: do not drink and drive
also im sorry in advance to pull any emotional strings❤

rosyln- st vincent

zane : pov

it was like a flash, like the way you blink your eyes or fall asleep. you dont remeber it, you dont understand it nor recognize it. its like this kind of primal instinct hits you, that no matter what the is happening you need to survive. heart racing, you feel a type of rush you never thought you withheld.

i just remember speeding through an intersection, in hopes id make the yellow light and then a i turned my head only to watch a semi truck hit t-bone the passenger side of the car; slamming my side into a divider.

watching the heat rise i noticed the amount of blood rising from my stomach. i could feel the glass that had fallen from the windshield enter my upper thigh and exit the back of my knee.

the feeling of helplessness set, making its home in my lungs; moving in its belongings with every weak inhalation.

i remember feeling hands slither under my arms and pry my seemingly lifeless body from the jeep, the man frantically fumbled for his phone. my eyes focused of the sun, how the pink and the light blue obred throughout the sky and only accenting the beautiful sun.
i was at bay, every nerve slept in their seas of red.

there was beeping, it was agitating and i wanted it to stop. the pain had only gotten worse. it was an uncomfortable pain, the type the makes you skwirmish. but the problem was.

i couldnt move.

a shell of pain wrapped my body. but no emotion showed.

the beeps just continued, and my eyes shot open. machines coursed the white room, i watched the colored lines dance across the screen.

with all of my being i willed myself to look forward, upon this i seen everyone i knew lined the room.
david, scott, heath, toddy. even gabbie sat in a chair by the door.
they all looked exhausted, victimized by worry and sadness.

a hand lay on mine. its thumb slowly trailing every dent and every crease.
the girl it was attached to was broken, she sat vulnerable and shoken.
i felt bad that i brought so much misery.

"someone stop the fucking beeping." i whimpered

immediately the enterage came to the bed side.
"oh my god youre awake." heath

"whats going on?" i asked
" they sedated you because the injuries were too intense, they had to do some surgery to fix your leg. there was really bad internal bleeding, zane" david explained from the corner of the bed. "i also paid your bill so don't worry."

"thank you david." i replied senserly "so what is it? 100k i gotta pay you now?" i laughed
"dont worry, clean slate" david spoke with honesty and kindness

the conversation transpired, everyone one by one negotiating the work process for the future and my recovery process, the doctor started to explain that mending my legs nerves and walking again would be hard and lenthy.

"im here with you every step of the way." kaylana explained, her statment wasnt empty. through the days i have been in the hospital she never left. through the surgeries and through the therapy, she never left my side even if i begged her to.

even with the circumstances she still seems to love me, im having a hard time figuring out why.

lmao this was so short im sorry
i hoped that itd be longer but ill break it into two parts !,,, ily guys
until next time
vote and comment!
·e