Chapter 11- A Realm in Ruins

Começar do início

"I already said it was well struck." He spits at her.

"Please brother. Sit sit." I offer with a smile. "There is so much more to watch!" He nods and sits down next to me. "Bring our the next." I announce. Joffrey settles in his chair again and watches as they announce the next people. After a long wait s drunken man stumbles his way to us.

"Are you drunk?" He questions in a strangely calm voice.

"No. No no I had. Uh two cups of whine, your grace." He stutters out. I look up at Joffrey who stands towering the hefty man below.

"Two cups? That's not much at all. Please, have another."

"Are you sure your grace?"

"Yes. To celebrate my sister and I's name day. It's only right isn't it." He looks down at me expectantly. "Isn't it?" He snaps.

"Of course." I mutter. He smiles contently.

"Ser Meryn. Help Ser Dontos celebrate my name day. And make sure he drinks his fill." Multiple guards grab him tightly, getting a barrel and a horn to fill his mouth. I grab Joffrey's hand lightly.

"Joff please. Not now." I whisper. He looks down to me and pulls his hands away.

"You can't!" Sansa yells. I snap to attention and look her her. No. Just shut up. Please. I scream to her in my mind but say nothing aloud.

"What did you say?" He asks in disbelief. It grab at his hand again as he walks to her and he stops, not pulling away. "Did you say I can't?"

"I. I only meant." She stutters. I grip his hand tighter and rub circles on the back of it to attempt to calm his rage. "I only meant it would be bad luck to kill a man on your name day, your grace."

"What kind of stupid peasant superstition..."

"The girl is right." The hound steps in. I smile at him thankfully. "The man who sows on his name day, reaps all year." Joffrey thinks on this and nods reluctantly. He pulls his hand from mine finally and walks closer to the fool.

"Take him away. I'll have him killed tomorrow." He shrugs  "what a fool."

"You're right. You're so smart your grace to see it. He is a fool. He'll make a much better fool than a knight.
He doesn't deserve the mercy of a quick death." I smile at her. Smart girl.

"Did you hear my lady? From this day foreword you will be my new fool!" He says in amusement. The man looks at her thankfully.

"Thank you. Thank you." The new fool mutters to him.

"Beloved niece and nephew!" I hear from a ways away. "We looked for you on the battlefield.
You were nowhere to be found." I see Tyrion as he walks towards us. I smile brightly at him. I stand and approach him, giving the short man a hug. "Happy name day sweet girl." He says as he approaches my siblings.

"I've been here, ruling the kingdoms." Joffrey spits at him.

"What a fine job you've done." He speaks to him sarcastically. I smile as I return to my seat. "Look at you. More beautiful than ever." He says to Myrcella who giggles. "And you! You're going to be bigger than the Hound, but much better looking." Tommen smiles brightly at his uncle. The hound flares down at the little man. "This one doesn't like me."

"Can't imagine why." His new compaction mutters under his breath.

"We heard you were dead." Joffrey speaks angrily in a nasally voice.

"We are very glad you are not." I added.

"Me, too, dear. Death is so boring, especially now, with so much excitement in the world." He finds the eyes of Sansa. I sit up protectively as he approaches her. "My lady, I'm sorry for your loss." Joffrey scoffs and I glare.

"Her loss? Her father was a confessed traitor." He snaps.

"But still her father." Tyrion retorts. "Surely, having so recently lost your own beloved father, you can sympathise." Joffrey settles in his chair and looks away.

"My father was a traitor." She starts in a small voice. "My mother and brother are traitors, too. I am loyal to my beloved Joffrey." I cringe at her words. I know she does not mean them but the slice through me like a knife. The words seem weak but they are strong in her heart for she does not let the weight of the capital break her glass exterior.

"Of course you are." My uncle says in sympathy. "Well enjoy your name day your grace. And you princess Aella." He bows. "I wish I could stay to celebrate but their it work to be done." He begins to waddle off and everyone stares after him.

"What work?" I ask curiously.

"Why are you here?" Joffrey snaps as the little man walks away.