*18* Never Be The Same

A/N: I know that this chapter is slightly unrealistic, but as Lizzie says, "It's a story, not a real-lifey." So yeah, just go with it.

Wednesday, 6:03 am
SHELBY/SHUBBLE'S POV

It was late November (2019), and we were basically just enjoying normal life. And by normal I mean waking up, recording, feeding cats, editing, more recording, etc.
I woke up early on a Wednesday morning, and went to make myself breakfast. Zach was already in the kitchen, looking through the cupboards.
"I can't find any decent breakfast food!" He moaned grumpily.
"Hey, dude, you know I bought bacon yesterday?" I told him, laughing.
He stared at me. "Whaaaa?"
"Please don't tell me you looked everywhere BUT the fridge," I said, pulling a packet of bacon from the fridge.
I cooked it with some eggs and toast, and took them to the table. Zach had made coffee for both of us, and we sat at the table. I took a bite of the meat. The smell of bacon, usually amazing to me, suddenly tasted terrible, and I felt a wave of nausea wash over me.
"Shelby! What's wrong?" He looked at me in shock.
I ran towards the bathroom. "D-" was all I managed before I threw up in the toilet.
He held my hair and patted my back soothingly. "Shhh, shh, honey."
"Food p-poisoning!" I screamed. "The bacon! You'll g-get it too!"
"Shelbs, I don't think so. I ate all of my bacon and didn't even feel sick." He looked at me worriedly. "Are you okay?"
I was about to say that I was fine, but then as a sharp pain shot through my stomach I realised I wasn't. The nausea had been going on for weeks now, and the stomach pains too.
So instead I started crying.

A couple of hours later, I was outside the doctors' clinic. Zach wanted to come me with me, but I wouldn't let him, he had a really important Mineclash to record with Stacy, and I was sure I was going to be okay. Well, that's what I told him anyway. Truthfully, I was really scared that I had some sort of incurable bad disease, but I didn't want him to worry.
I went up to the reception desk. A blonde woman with a bored expression on her face was sitting there.
"What do you want?" She asked.
"Um, I was wondering if you could fit in a quick checkup.Please."
"Do you have a pre-booked appointment?"
I was starting to freak out. "Um, no."
"Oh. Let me see." She checked her computer. I crossed my fingers. "Ah, yes, there's a free slot with Dr Amelia Blain. Your name please?"
"Miss Shelby Grace." I told her. (I know that's her middle name, but I don't know if she wants people to know her surname so I'm not going to put it.)
"Thank you. You will be called when she is ready to see you."
I exhaled and sat down. About fifteen minutes later I was called into the consultant room.
The doctor was a middle-aged woman with light brown hair in a bun, glasses and a green uniform. She smiled at me.
"So, Miss Grace, why am I seeing you today?" She asked.
"Well, this morning my boyfriend and I ate some bacon, and I got nauseous and threw up, and I also had a stomach pain, but the nausea and the stomach pains have actually been going on for weeks, and I haven't been sleeping well lately, and I-" I was starting to get hysterical.
"Okay, okay calm down sweetheart. It sounds like you've been ill for quite a while. I'm going to have to run some tests, if that's okay?"
Tests? Needles? Oh no, oh no. I was panicking. Really panicking.
She seemed to read my mind. "No, not needles. Just lie down here and do what I say please."

After the tests she told me to wait outside. I shivered, thinking of all of the things that could be wrong with me. But I didn't expect what the doctor told me. It was something that would ensure my life would never be the same again.
"Miss Grace, I have some great news."
I looked up, surprised. So I didn't have a terrible illness. "What?"
"You, my dear, are almost four months pregnant."