*4* The Blood Moon

Tuesday, 3:43 am
ZACH/GRASER10'S POV
It had been 5 hours since she spoke.
All my life, I don't think I've ever been as worried as this. She's lying on the sofa, just lying there, barely breathing. I haven't left her side once. She's still in her bloody, tattered clothing because I wouldn't leave her and Bee wouldn't change her with any guys watching. Will and Andrew went to bed, but Liam sat on the other couch, his head in his hands. Bee was in the kitchen, making more coffee for her and Liam.
I felt a hand on my shoulder. "Come on Zach. Drink this. Please." Bee had a full cup of coffee in her hand.
I wordlessly shook my head. All that mattered now was Shelby.
She sighed, and walked to Liam. "H, coffee." She said. He lifted his head up and I saw traces of tears on his face. Bee obviously saw then too, but she didn't inquire.
Another ten minutes went by. Then another. After half an hour of waiting, I heard a voice.
"I told her."
I looked up in surprise. Liam still had his head in his hands, a barely touched mug on the table next to him. He spoke again. "I told her to let one of us pick her up. Countless times. She said she didn't want to bother us. What could be dangerous in a California airport, she said. I finally gave up, but..."
Bee spoke. "You're trying to say it's your fault, aren't you." She glared at him. "Liam, if you dare blame yourself again I swear to god I will slap you round the face."
Then her expression softened. She sat down next to him and put her arm around his shoulders. "Look, man. It's nobody's fault. We don't even know what happened to her!" She then whispered something in his ear which made him smile, then sighed. "Even after the coffee, I'm exhausted. You should all get some sleep."
Liam nodded. He looked at me then mumbled, "I'm gonna crash here."

Just as he said that, Shelby stirred. Her eyelashes fluttered. She blinked once, then awoke. "Zach, what, how?" She asked, astonished. "Where am I?"
Liam jumped up. "I'll go wake the others!" He shouted, then ran away.
"You're at the house." Bee laughed. "Oh my, we thought you were a goner, for sure."
"What? Why? Oh." Shelby said in a small voice. She looked straight at me, her amber eyes burning into mine.
I finally found my voice. "Shelbs." was all I said.
"Shelby!" shouted a voice, and William, Liam and Andrew came into the room. "What the hell happened?"

She took a deep breath, then said one simple sentence. "I nearly got raped."
The shock on everyone's faces was so intense. Of everything that could have happened to her, this was the only thing I was pretty sure nobody thought of.
"They had a dog. I was just looking for a cab, and a group of men with a huge hunter dog came up and..."
"But you got away." Andrew said. "You said nearly."
"Yeah." She sighed. "I broke my ankle, got slashed by a dog and lost my luggage in the process though."
"Well I'll just go and make breakfast." Will said with a glance at the clock.
"It's half five in the morning man." Liam told him.
"Do I look like I care?" Will shrugged his shoulders. "I'm hungry, and we all need food." He walked away, and started bustling about.
"You should get changed." Liam told Shelby, then went to join him.
"Um, yeah. Zach, go get a shower. Change. You've not moved for hours." Bee told me.
I was about to refuse, but Shelby gave me a death stare. "Fine." I croaked, and reluctantly went upstairs. I looked out of the window, and hanging in the black sky, was a bright red moon.

Over 600 words, woooooo! Also, I have many ideas for later on in this book, and btw, this is set before Shelby and Parker started dating, so in about May 2017. Ik it's February, but happy new year everyone, and just to say, I am still a faithful Grubble shipper. Also, don't be a silent reader. Comment and tell me ideas, and what you think of this story. No hate though xx.