Chapter 10

DOES THAT SAY 100 READS?! THANKS THANKS THANKS to all who read this book and to everyone who commented, followed, and voted for this! More chapter coming soon, and of course, ENJOY OR DIE! (Sorry this might be a short chapter, but don't worry, they'll be longer next time)

Once again, a cats body lay in the clearing. This time it was Redtail's body. I didn't sit vigil with him because I am just too tired. I pad over to my den and crash into my nest. Fogdrift is curled up in the nest next to mine, but I'm to tired to notice.

In the morning, I took Finchpaw, Timberpelt, and Clearfur out for a border patrol. I didn't really feel anything, not the cold, not the warmth of hunt, not even the praise Timberpelt gave me.i came back from the hunt, successful with two mice and a sparrow. The others had the same success, even though it was starting to turn to leaffall.

I went over to Whitewhisker's den to see if he had any herbs for the mysterious sickness. I've been meaning to do this for days, but never got around to do it. "Hey, Whitewhisker, can I speak to you for a second?" I ask into the dark crack into the rock.

"Yes, just give me a second to sort these out," the black and white cat calls back. A few heartbeats later, Whitewhisker comes out carrying some herbs. He puts them down and says, "Come in my den. I know what you want to speak to me about." The medicine cats den is very dark and dim and I have to let my eyes adjust.

"First of all, the sickness has symptoms." I am very surprised by this. "First, you have a bellyache. The next day, your legs are aching. The next day... You die," he meows.

"That's good, right? You found a cure?" I ask hopefully.

"I'm sorry Stormtail. You cannot cure this sickness."