Chapter 8

@TabbystarTheTabby was wondering if Snowkit from The Last Hope was Snowstar. I just thought I'd tell anyone who reads this chapter that he may be. Or he may not be. I guess you'll find out when Erin Hunter writes the next series! Also thanks to all 50 plus readers on Stormtail's Secret! I will try to write often, maybe one or two chapters a day, but I will try not to go two days without writing. Votes and comments help, and ENJOY OR DIE!

"The second thing I wanted to speak to you about is Hollypool's death. Do you think this could be the terrible sickness? If it is, we best make sure this does not enter the camp," Snowstar mews

"Do you think Whitewhisker would have any herbs for this?" I ask.

"It does seem it strikes quickly and deadly. This morning, Hollypool seemed perfectly normal. But she must have died somewhere just before sunhigh, that's not long at all. I shall tell the clan that no cat should go out without at least two others. That includes warriors. I'll go tell the clan now." Snowstar pads out of den to Highledge. I bound after him.

As I settle down beneath Highledge, some cats give me questioning glances. I understand. Only the deputy should sit below Highledge. "Let all cats old enough to catch their own prey, join here beneath the Highledge for a clan meeting!" The leaders meow clearly rang out against the stone hollow. Cats of all ages padded out of dens. "I have gathered you here for an important meeting. As you all know, Hollypool has myseriously died this morning. No one knows why, but I might think it's greencough. Any cat you see starting to cough, report it to me or Whitewhisker."

The white tom shot a glance at me. He knew it wasn't greencough that killed Hollypool, but something much worse. "The new deputy has to be picked before moonhigh, so I have decided to choose now." He broke off and stared at the stars.

"I, Snowstar, leader of ThunderClan, call upon my warrior ancestors and hope they approve of my choice. Stormtail will be the new deputy of-" Snowstar couldn't go on any longer, drowned out by the yowling of the cats in the clan. Paws thundered toward me. I tried to run, but it was no use. Cats upon cats had jumped on me and were punching me, luckily with sheathed claws.

"That's enough!" A loud yowl rose above the clammer. The weight on me suddenly vanished, but I was too weak to get up. Darkness crept around my vision and spots appeared. "That is not how we treat our clanmates, our deputy!" I barely heard the yowl. Then, there was rasping along my flanks, some cat's tongue. A scent wreathed around me and I recognized Whitewhisker, more by scent than sight.

"Come," he said. I stumble to my paws and limped over to the medicine cat's den. I collapsed into a soft bedding of moss and Whitewhisker pushed a bright green leaf I front of my face along with a few seeds I recognized as poppy seeds. "Eat," he said.

I stretched my head forward and licked up the medicine. That was he last thing I remember before darkness crashed over me like a wave.