Chapter One

"Detective Reed, say hello to your new partner."

Gavin could not believe his eyes. In front of him stood an android, another one of those fucking tin cans, that looked almost identical to that damn Connor. Except this one was taller, and he had cold blue eyes instead of Connor's brown ones. The android wore its black and white android attire issued by CyberLife. Gavin read the word "RK900" printed on the android's shirt. An upgrade of the previous, and he looked like even more of an asshole.

He could barely stand Connor before he was deactivated, but now he has a clone of him as his partner? How did Fowler expect him to work along with this plastic prick? Bullshit. Absolute bullshit.

The RK900 model looked over at Gavin, his unmoving eyes surveying the detective. His gaze was cold and stern. "Hello, Detective Reed. My name is Conan. I'm the newly made RK900 prototype sent by CyberLife."

Gavin blinked. It even sounded like Connor! Though its voice was more deep and emotionless, lacking the warmth Connor had in his tone. His detached voice sent chills down Gavin's spine.

"Hell no." Gavin shot Fowler a glare. "I am not working with this plastic motherfucker. I don't need help, I'm perfectly capable of handing this case on my own. I don't need this asshole following me around like a damn dog!"

"I don't give a shit on what you think, Reed. CyberLife has sent us this prototype to help us with cases. Use it or don't use it, but just get the fucking case done."

"You can't expect to work with it." Gavin pointed at the RK900.

"This is not up for debate, Detective." Fowler said firmly, sounding fed-up. "Conan is your new partner, end of discussion."

"Fuck this." Gavin hissed bitterly in an undertone, getting up from his seat and storming out of the room. He slammed the glass door behind him, the sound of it rattling pierced the air.

Conan looked over at the captain, who was pinching the bridge of his nose. "Have a nice day, Captain." Conan gave him a curt nod before leaving the room, slowly closing the door behind him.

Gavin was sitting at his desk, staring intensely at his computer screen. He didn't seem to be doing anything, Conan observed as he approached the detective.

Conan opened his mouth to say something but was cut off short when Gavin held up a finger. "Don't say a fucking thing." Gavin's voice was venomous. "I don't need your help."

"Captain Fowler seems to think otherwise." Conan replied nonchalantly, looking down at Gavin as he sat.

Gavin looked up at the android, burning hatred growing in side of him. He was around the android for less than ten minutes, and he already despised it. "Listen, you piece of plastic,"

Gavin stood up, standing face-to-face with Conan. Conan stood a few inches taller than him, which Gavin found infuriating. "I don't care if you're assigned to help me. I do not need help from a plastic prick. Now you stay," Gavin jabbed his finger at Conan's chest. "out of my god damn way or else you'll turn into a pile of scrap metal."

Conan didn't react, he was not phased by the detective's aggression. His LED didn't even blink, it remained a steady blue. The android's eyes were cold and unwavering, and they seemed to be scanning Gavin.

The fucking prick was studying him.

"I don't understand your aggression and negativity towards me, Detective," Conan's voice was icy. "but it is necessary that we begin with our work now. We already wasted enough time with your nonsense, and some of us would actually like to get started and be useful. I'm not sure if you're one of those people though, Detective."

Gavin could've spat at the android's shoes. How dare this piece of shit talk to him in such a way?

"I didn't know CyberLife could program androids with attitude."

"You learn something new everyday, Detective." Conan was the first to break their intense glare, moving to sit down at an empty desk in front of Gavin's. "What do we know about the case so far?"

Gavin sat down reluctantly, looking over at his computer screen. He refused to look at the android. "There has been reports of people dealing red ice out. Nothing unusual there." Gavin added the last part beneath his breath.

(1) New Email!

Conan's LED flickered to yellow as the soft noise indicating a new email came. "There has been a reported homicide. The suspect is said to be either on or carrying red ice."

Gavin squinted his eyes, looking over at him. "You hacked into my fucking email?"

"You seem uncooperative, so I decided that doing so will be more efficient."

"Fuck you," Gavin cursed at him. "stay out of my shit."

"I'm sorry, Detective, but if you are unwilling to cooperate with me then we're going to have a hard time solving this case."

Gavin bit back a sharp retort, one that involved a lot of nasty words. "What's the address?"

Conan announced the reported address, blinking several times as his LED flashing yellow one more time before returning back to blue. "We need to get there immediately. The homicide was reported very recently, the suspect could still be at the scene of the crime."

Gavin rolled his eyes, not caring much about the damn case at all. "Hooray, let's go solve a case!" His voice had a sarcastic tone as he stood up and began to head out of the building. Conan watched him go for a few heartbeats, his expression hardening before following after him.

This was going to be fun.