Chapter Four

Percy

We talked for a while before deciding to head out. Of course, with Hades permission. He didn't care, though. So we leave through the Manhattan exit and went out to eat because both of us we're starving.

Jason

I got Snapchat, sue me. A monster has yet to attack me and it's been a month.

So I send one to Nico, asking how he's doing. He's been with his dad ever since he woke up, and as great as Hades is, Demeter gets on his nerves.

He responds after a few minutes, saying he was doing good. But the photo was of him outside.

There's no outside in the underworld.

So I responded, asking where he was and it took him a half hour to respond. Like, it was a load of bullshit. And he sent a video of fucking Percy Jackson sitting across from him at a table with a plate of food. Like, this looks low key like a date.

"Percy, what are we doing?" Nico asked Percy, zooming in on him. He looked pretty alive to me. Which was... I mean, good. But also, what the fuck?

"Uh... Eating?" Percy guessed, shrugging and cracking a smile. "Hanging out? I don't know, we left the underworld, were hungry, and came here."

A date?

I asked how the hell he managed to get Percy to actually go on a date with him. Because Nico hasn't read the letter. He doesn't know that Percy definitely would.

Another video comes in.

"Is this a date?" Nico asked Percy and zoomed in on him again and Percy wasn't expecting that question.

"Is this... I don't fucking know, I've been alive for like, an hour." Percy answered the question, which seemed fair. "I was dead for a month, too. We could make it a date, go to the movies. It'd probably be weird being you're straight, but we could."

Nico zooms out. This is it. This is when he tells him.

"Bitch, I'm gay."

Percy choked on his diet coke. It was funnier than hell. And then, the iconic reaction:

"Bitch, me too."

I definitely replayed that, screen recorded it, and laughed my ass off again.

It was a good time.

I went into the chat.

jasongrace.e: so it's a date?
notnicolas: uhhh
notnicolas: idk man, I didn't even know he was gay before .2 seconds ago
jasongrace.e: well I mean it was in the letter
notnicolas: I didn't get that far and you know it.
jasongrace.e: it was still in there, though. It should be a date.
notnicolas: yeah yeah, okay. I'll let you know what comes of it. But I feel like an asshole just snapchatting you so bye.
jasongrace.e: good luck 👨‍❤️‍💋‍👨👨‍❤️‍💋‍👨👨‍❤️‍💋‍👨

Percy

Fuck, is this a date?

I mean, he didn't read the note or his letter so he wouldn't find out that way but I'm assuming most people read the note. Jason would know. That's probably why he asked. Especially if, and I'm assuming here, that he knew Nico's gay. If Nico came out in the last month or whatever and Jason would've found out...

I'd like it to be a date. But I don't want to push him. Plus, I have to deal with Annabeth.

"So," Nico said a little later on as we were walking around the city a bit. It was nice out and I was low key afraid of going to the apartment. I just didn't want to explain everything. "How do you plan on dealing with Annabeth if you're gay? I don't think she'll appreciate it."