-Surprises & Sinking ships. [Chapter 29]

Start from the beginning

“I’m not sure. I’ve not made any yet but I expect I’ll be with Niall at some point so that probably means coming back to England but I’m not sure yet. There’s still a bit of time anyway.”

“And you’re not planning on being with family?

Honestly, no. Not if I can help it.

“I’m not really sure what’s going on right now. My parents and I aren’t exactly on frequent speaking terms.”

“I thought you were staying there now?”

She queried looking rather confused. This was true, what with Niall being away so much I was staying back home at the moment but that didn’t mean I spent a lot of time with them. I timed myself well, showering over dinner and studying with my door locked when they returned home from work. And on days off they had I’d be with Mallory or I’d just have a day to myself.

“Oh I am but they’re both really busy with work and I’m busy with work and stuff so.”

“Right, I understand. I do think things would be a lot easier if you tried to spark up a better relationship with them though Ashley…”

“Oh no everything’s fine just the way it is. I don’t need anything more than what I’ve got.”

Which was true, I had Niall which was the one person I just really needed the most and I had Mallory when she wasn’t doing something else with a new job or whatever and over the phone and sometimes Skype I had Justin back in America. And of course I had the other boys as well and that was really all I needed. My sister and I were also on good terms although she’d been busy lately too, but that was different I suppose, she was my sister, we kind of had to be on half decent terms.

“Right, well if you’re really sure that’s how you want to run things…I suppose I’ll be seeing you before Christmas I assume? And I expect to hear all about what’s been going on with you in the meantime, okay?”

“Sure,” I said already beginning to get up and out of my chair. “Before Christmas.”

“Very well have a nice time Ashley and I’ll be expecting those essays done by the time you get back. Okay?”

“Uh huh, see you.”

I said giving a small wave and smile which she returned opening the door for me and motioning for me to leave which I gladly, did.

Walking through the reception now with the hour I had spent inside of Anne Bell’s office the clouds had become thicker outside and the air became even colder and denser hitting me as the automatic doors simultaneously slid open and I entered the car-park searching the roofs for my car. But as my eyes fell upon it I was purely astounded as to who was leaning against it smiling at me as he pushed himself up and began walking towards me. Rushing forwards I instantly let myself be engulfed in his arms breathing in his scent.

“Niall!” I exclaimed giggling as we hugged. “What are you doing here? I thought you were in Wales today?”

“I was, this morning. Isn’t it clear what I’m doing here? I’m here to see you…You’re going to America tomorrow love did you really think I was going to let you go without a proper, lengthy goodbye?”

He chuckled dropping a feathery kiss onto my forehead. The feel of his lips against my skin felt good as a major understatement. It had been almost a month since we’d spent some real time together.

“I don’t know. I’m just really glad you’re here. I’ve missed you.”

“Me too, and I’ve missed you a lot too. So what are you doing this evening?”