CHAPTER - 16 : ICE RINK

Start from the beginning

"Erica. Dizzy? Is it vertigo?" Coach asked, looking up at Erica.

" Vertigo's a dysfunction of the vestibular system of the inner ear" Venice corrected, making the coach to look at her.

"Yeah. She's just freaking out" Lydia added.

Everyone looked at Erica.

"Erica" the Coach called her.

"I'm fine" she replied, though she clearly wasn't.

Lily looked at the blonde girl intently, as if she's analyzing her.

"Coach, I think she's epileptic. It's not safe for her to climb the wall" Venice told the coach, making him look at her.

"Why doesn't anybody tell me this stuff? I have to get-" Coach muttered, looking at Venice.

He then looked at Erica and said " Erica, y - you're fine. Just - Just kick off from the wall. Th - There's a mat to catch you. Come on."

Erica slowly slid down the wall.

"See, you're fine. You're on the ground. You're all right. Let's go. Shake it off. You're fine" the Coach told her.

While she was walking away from the wall, many people laughed looking at her.

"Alright. Next two! Jovan and little McCall!" Coach announced.

Venice stilled hearing the very familiar last name, while Lily was observing her, looking very amused. Venice shook her head and shrugged it off, walking towards the wall. As if things couldn't get any worse, she froze in her spot after coming face-to-face with Nick Jovan, who happened to be her ex-boyfriend.

What on earth is he ding here? Venice thought, looking at Nick, while Nick just smiled/smirked looking at her. 

*****

"What the hell is he doing here?" Venice asked, while she and Lily went to the girls' locker room.

Lily just remained silent.

"Oh god! My life's becoming a freaking disaster! First it's Peter. Now it's Derek and then, my ex-boyfriend popped up in my life, out of nowhere!" Venice exclaimed.

"Hey. No need to be so sour about it. Maybe he just moved to Beacon Hills" Lily said.

"If so, WHY? Why Beacon Hills of all places?" Venice asked.

Lily remained silent.

"I have a very bad feeling about what's happening" Venice muttered.

"What do you mean?" Lily asked.

"I don't know. That thing that Scott and Allison saw last night, Isaac being a beta, Allison's jackass of a grandfather. All this stuff happening with Derek, I just.. It-it doesn't feel right" Venice rambled.

"I think you're just overthinking everything" Lily said, making Venice shoot her a what the hell? look.

"Do you wanna know why? Because things between you and Derek can be settled once you put the whole "You killed Peter instead of letting Scott do it, getting rid of any chances of Scott becoming a human" thing behind you, because he's got his own reasons to do that. And then you two can become all lovey-dovey, because honestly, that guy's too grumpy around others and he needs some love and affection" Lily said.

Venice looked at her blankly.

" And you know who else wants to have a good time? Lily! Lily wants to have a good time - Many, many times. Several times in a row. In several different positions" Lily added, but the brunette seemed to have her head somewhere else.