"Yes, I just—nothing, everything is fine," Jasper answered, switching his tone to reassure Johanna.

"Oh okay," Johanna was unsure of how true that was but, she let it be. It seemed as though Jasper didn't want to talk about it. "I'll see you at lunch then,"

"Yes, see you then," Jasper said and walked towards his class. Johanna expected a smile from Jasper, but nothing. He barely even looked at her.

Johanna thought maybe he was upset with her but she did nothing. They were having a nice time. Johanna couldn't let herself overthink, she knew she did nothing to upset him.

...

Johanna was finally in her creative writing class with Jasper. Jasper arrived just before class began so they had no time to talk, but he waved at her. Jasper didn't intend on being almost late to class, he tried to rush actually but the teacher in his last class wanted to speak to him. It was the usual praise over his work, he didn't listen to much of it. He tried to make it end quicker actually. The rush was pointless though, he wanted to speak to Johanna, and still didn't get the chance to.

When he did enter the class though and saw Johanna, he was taken aback. She looked mesmerizing and all she was doing was writing. Her head on her hand, fingers just barely touching her cheek. Her hair flowing down her shoulders, flyaways at the part. Only when Jasper had been looking at her for a few seconds did she look up at him. All he could think to do was wave. It was a limp wave but only because he was distracted by her, everything about her.

"I've looked over all your pieces," The teacher announced, starting class. "And I'm going to pair you all up. The challenge is though, the person I paired you with has a completely different setting. Your next assignment is to work this person to create another piece that involves both your settings."

The teacher read off the list of partners. Johanna was eager to hear who she was paired with, she hoped it was Jasper. Jasper was hoping for the same thing. They both relaxed as they heard their names called together. A few more names and then the class dispersed. Johanna went over to Jasper, notebook in hand and a barely-there smile on her face. She didn't want him to know how excited she was.

"I'm eager to read what you wrote," Jasper said as soon as Johanna sat down.

"It isn't my best work," She admitted. "I'm actually more eager to read yours."

"Well I put a good amount of effort into it, so I hope you think it's pretty good."

They exchanged papers. Both immediately glued their eyes to the papers. Jasper wrote a poem. Johanna wrote a short story.

Jasper's poem talked of how a barren and flowerless land was changed by a woman who always wore a smile. She planted the first flower, her love and care for the flower made it grow. She planted more flowers, they all grew. Then the first bumblebee appeared. More bees came and flowers began appearing everywhere. Then the sun appeared for the first time. All of it was possible because of her care, positivity, and love.

Johanna's story was of the first imperfect girl in a world of perfect people. She was ordered to always wear a cap that covered her face for others to not see. Then, one of the perfect people asked to see her face in secret. When he saw her he was shocked, her imperfect beauty had been hidden this entire time. They fell in love, but only showed it in secret. When the others found out, they demanded the imperfect girl be killed. In her cell, the night before her execution, the boy visited her. He shed tears at the thought of his love dying. She told him to leave this place and never look back. He couldn't leave her though. She then told him it was her last wish for him to leave and seek the unusual beauty that she was herself. She wanted him to fall in love again, fall in love with the beauty that was imperfection. It was her last wish, so he left, he had to. That's where it ended.