seven

...

It was another day of school and first period with Jasper. They had some time before class and began to talk. The both of them were so at ease with talking to each other now. Johanna's personality was shining through more now, as well. She would constantly crack jokes with Jasper, although it was partly due to that fact that she just wanted to see him smile. Jasper loved her bright spirit. Even on a dreary and cloudy day, Johanna shined as bright as the sun. She was the definition of radiance.

"I wonder what it would be like if I had an accent like yours. Scratch that—it would be terrible," Johanna said after listening to Jasper's accent particularly heavily.

"Why do you say that? Is my accent that bad?" Jasper asked.

"No, not at all. I just wouldn't be able to resist the temptation to say 'yee-haw' after each sentence." Johanna said, laughing immediately after.

Jasper joined in the laughter and when they finally stopped he added, "I think that would be very entertaining,"

They shared another small bit of laughter before class started. Although they had switched focus to the teacher, they kept exchanging glances. They were small glances and smiles that held so much meaning. Eventually, the class ended, both of them wished it could've lasted so much longer. They enjoyed this class the most considering that they were right next to each other. Jasper couldn't resist any opportunity of being next to Johanna, so he walked to her next class with her.

They unintentionally walked slowly, talking the entire time. It would often be about random experiences they had. Johanna talked about humorous experiences. Jasper talked about strange experiences, only within the past seventeen years. Johanna was always able to find humor in his stories. Jasper couldn't help but laugh or smile at her stories. They both regretted that they didn't get to know this side of each other sooner.

"Alright, this is me," Johanna said as they arrived at the door of her statistics classroom.

"Johanna, you should sit with me at lunch, I'd love to hear the rest of the story about the fear of possums in your family," Jasper said, finding it somewhat funny that he said it so casually.

"When you say it like that it makes my family sounds crazy," She chuckled. "But yeah, I think it would be fun spending some extra time with you."

Jasper was going to respond but Rosalie's harsh glance as she walked past made him falter. Although it had no overall effect on his feelings towards Johanna, it still hurt to see how opposed Rosalie was to it.

"Great, that's great," Jasper's eyes went towards the floor, the hurt and shock just barely present in his tone of voice.

Johanna picked it up immediately though. "Is everything good?" She never noticed Rosalie and her glare, due to her back facing the class entrance.