"Will you be okay if I leave for a second?" I asked him softly.

He nodded with a small smile. I brushed the hair out of his face before I left. I quickly went downstairs and cleaned up the dished we'd left before going back upstairs and went to the bathroom. When I came back, Reece was still lying in the same spot with his eyes open.

"Go home, G." Reece said quietly.

"I'm not leaving you, baby." I said as I sat down on the bed next to him.

"You got a message and I know I shouldn't've looked at it-"

"I don't care if you look at a message. You could go through my entire phone and I wouldn't mind, I don't have anything to hide from you." I interrupted.

Reece smiled. "Well I looked at it and it was from your mum, she's angry that you're not home."

"I don't care if she's angry with me, I'm not leaving you like this, I already promised you and you know I don't break promises." I said. Reece opened his mouth to protest, but I spoke before he could. "It isn't up for debate. I'm staying, end of discussion." I added before I pulled my jeans off and pulled on sweatpants.

I climbed in bed and pulled Reece into my chest. Reece fisted his hands in my t-shirt and cuddled right into me. He fell asleep pretty fast, but I was too worried about him so I couldn't sleep. I laid there, stroking his hair, kissing him softly every now and then, anything I could do to hopefully prevent a nightmare. A few minutes later I could see Reece was starting to sweat. I pulled the sheets off him. I was praying it wasn't another nightmare. His breathing started to speed up and he started to move around uneasily.

"No no no no no no." I said as I quickly sat up. I started to lightly shake him. "Reecey. Baby, I need you to wake up for me. Please baby. C'mon, Reece wake up for me." I said softly as I started to shake him a little harder, still careful to not hurt him.

Tears were streaming out of his closed eyes. All of a sudden he jumped awake screaming. He freaked out even more when he saw me. "Stay away from me!" He yelled as he curled up in a tight ball against the headboard. "Please don't hurt me, please." He pleaded.

My heart was shattering into pieces. This is what he was going through all by himself?  I felt terrible. Seeing him like this kills me.

I put my hands up to show I wouldn't hurt him. "Baby it's me, Georgie. I'm not going to hurt you, I promise." I said, keeping my voice soft and steady.

"George?" He asked slowly. The tone in his voice was something I'd never heard before. It was a tone of pure terror.

"Yeah Reecey, it's me." I said softly but reassuringly.

Reece dived into my arms and burst into tears again. I wrapped my arms around him and ran my hands up and down his back soothingly. It took ten minutes, but he calmed down. He cuddled in close and about another half an hour later, he was asleep again. Again, I didn't fall asleep. I stayed up the rest of the night to make sure he stayed sleeping. It was ten when he woke up. He looked exhausted.

"Morning baby." I whispered before placing a kiss on his forehead.

"Morning." Reece said with a small smile.

"How're you feeling?" I asked him.

"You want the truth?" Reece questioned.