Chapter - Decisions and Doorsteps

I hurriedly walked up the stairs to the apartment. I'd been in all four of them before. One of them I could walk around with my eyes closed. I had spent months living here and now all of it was gone, forgotten. Nothing mattered anymore. I was the lonely girl that everyone forgot. I was a simple memory beginning to fade to them but they were everything to me. He was everything to me. He still is. I see his face all day everyday and he's always on my mind. I guess I was just a silly girl, head over heels for a certain curly haired boy whereas he thought little of me. I was just a girl he'd dated, another girl tossed to the side but we had a connection, one that couldn't be ignored. A tiny girl only six weeks old that I knew I couldn't provide for. She would have a better life, with better things and more toys. She would get to go to a good school and go on vacations, live in a big house and have incredibly nice, funny and immature uncles. As sad as it made me, I had to give up the bundle of joy that I loved so much. It was better this way. This was the same thought that had been going through my head for weeks until I had convinced myself to do it. I grabbed the car seat and set it down on the doorstep. I rung the doorbell and ducked into the bushes. It was a superbly cliche moment but it was what had to happen. I watched as a certain straight-haired boy opened the door. Liam grabbed the note from the car seat and he looked around outside, he stared directly at me and didn't look away for a couple minutes. I knew he had seen me but he couldn't know who I was. I had been way particular about the way I'd dressed, wearing my contacts and had my hair tucked into a beanie. I was skinnier now and tanned from our recent trip to Hawaii. A couple tears slipped from my eyes as the door shut, Liam and the my daughter gone.