Madness

Slowly catching up after vacation sorry for the slow updates!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Madness by Muse

Kara POV

The plane ride went by fast since neither of us wanted to talk. It was a mission and as a old assassin I would always rest before missions and sleep. Once we landed I climbed out with Franco at my heels. Egypt was hot as hell so I changed into black jean shorts and a black tank top with converses, instantly reminding me of Dan.

"Come on Kara...stop day dreaming." Franco nudged me before smirking at me. I snarled before grabbing him by his neck and pressing him against the car that was awaiting us at the Tarmac.

"Listen Franco. Don't play with me otherwise this won't end the way you want it to...understand?" I felt my eyes glowing with anger and my fangs bared, ready to do damage to his face. He pushed me off before fixing his jacket.

"I understand...Chill out." He climbed into the car after I slammed my passenger door once inside. "You know Cärä..." His accent turned to an almost Italian sound as he said my old fashioned named. "Falling for someone who doesn't understand how we act and how us elders act wasn't a brilliant idea. He doesn't know about us does he? The pretty little singer boy is in the dark about who you are Kara." Franco cackled slightly as he drove us to where he believed Raneb was located. I felt my whole body tense from the words that left Franco's mouth.

True I hadn't told Dan that Franco and I were a thing for years neither had I told Charlotte about us. It was a time I wished to forget. Franco and I had produced a child that was brutally killed in front of us both. Charles was his name. It would haunt me forever and it was something I kept to myself. 

"Shut up Franco...we both want to forget what we had....the mistake we made. Our kind doesn't get happy endings and Daniel is free from me so it doesn't matter anyways."

"We both know it matters Kara...He'll be hunted by other vampires so they can climb the ranks and get their shot at killing me after I end Raneb. Maybe I'll let you live to kill those rank jumpers." He parked the car before looking at me as I continued to look out the window. All that could be seen was sand and a few pyramids. 

"Great...I think I'll pass on that offer. I'll just end up bringing more people into this dangerous lifestyle." I opened the door and fixed my sunglasses to block out the blinding sunlight. It was like standing in an oven with it turned on full blast. Franco led the way to one of the pyramids, managing to loosen a few stones for us to squeeze inside. The hot air was left outside as we entered the darkness that either of us may never escape.

Charlotte POV

Dan's parents along with Woody and Will were now safely back at Dan's parent's home. We'd caught a last minute flight to some city in Egypt that had a runway that was barely big enough to land the commercial airliner. Dan had spent the flight with his notebooks and phone, scrolling through pictures, song lyrics, and anything he had of Kara. He didn't deserve to deal with losing Kara this way.

We caught a taxi, Kyle and Dan threw the luggage in the boot before climbing into the cramped car. Dan closed his eyes, rubbing his temples before groaning. He looked tired and frustrated with himself.

"Dan...everything alright?"

"No...Kara...she's...a complete stranger yet I'm dying to find her and hold her and...I just don't understand." He raised his hand to punch the window, but Kyle swiftly stopped him before his fist made contact with the glass.

"Hey....calm down." I placed my hand on his knee before smiling slightly, trying my best to relax him, but the look on his face only looked more depressed.

"We'll she's near the pyramids...with Franco....apparently they shared more than blood." His eyes shifted crimson as he stared off, squeezing his hands into fists. I lifted my eyes to look at his and take a moment to think.

"What do you mean...they had sex?"

"They had a child together and it was killed...that's the reason they're not together anymore...Maybe I didn't even mean enough to her. Maybe she made me forget her so she could go back to him." Dan's anger was replaced with sadness as he sat back and calmed himself. I shook my head before sighing. I sat up and spoke to the taxi driver.

"Take us to the pyramids...as close as you can go. We'll pay double for your time..." I sat back then looked at Dan again. "Kara loves you more than anything or anyone I have ever seen here with in my decades with her. You make her smile like no other Dan Smith....She made you forget her because she thought it was best for you considering the situation. Now lets just focus on getting her back so she can restore your memories...or at least beg Raneb to not end her so swiftly for trying to kill him." Kyle nodded slowly with me in agreement.

"You know Dan....I can't agree more with Charlotte...Now what if we explain to Raneb that its Franco's fault that we are here and that Kara is having to attempt to kill him?" 

"Well in the vampire world there is a ranking system and authority....the authority makes the ranks and keeps track of whose the oldest and where each vampire is located, just for safety purposes and all since  humans can't know about us yet...anyways there are young vampires who are rank jumpers. They get turned just for the purpose of killing elders to get themselves higher in the ranks...It might get a bit dangerous for you two considering they have to kill you guys to pass you in the ranks....lets not worry about this yet alright? First thing is getting Kara back and stopping Raneb from killing her. Franco I couldn't care less about." I sighed softly before putting my hair back in a pony tail.

"I understand...." Kyle mumbled before rubbing his chin as he drifted off into thought. Dan was looking at the veins on the back of his hand raise slightly as he tightened his hand. Never had I seen him filled with such anger. Usually he was calm and quiet, but this had sparked a darker side of him it seemed. The taxi came to a halt near the pyramids, nearby was a empty black vehicle. Kara was inside already.