Killer Queen

Dante POV

I had no choice but to obey Erik, he was thousands of times stronger than I and well he was my father. All the stories he told I had no idea if they were true. That mother buried us alive because she didn't love us or that she was really the monster in the end. Truth be told the golden sparkle in her eyes looked as if they were the honest orbs compared to my father's crimson hues. Then there was Josef adding to the flames that condemned my mother. She had claimed to love him, yet leave him to die. Shaking my head I wandered around the museum and glanced at my decayed mother laying on a stone alter like a sacrifice. The only color that survived on her was the golden locks the flowed past her chest and crimson lipstick painted on her grey complexion.

"So you're her son..." Josef mumbled as he leaned against the wall looking at me. "By damn you look just like her. A smile that could light a whole room and make you wanna smile back." He laughed slightly, pursing his lips together as if he'd tasted something bitter. 

"Sounds like you loved her a lot. Yet her you stand watching her suffer?" I scrunched my face up for a moment before crossing my arms. "I'm confused because you and Erik make her sound like a devil, yet I...I can't believe it. I haven't heard her side of the story." Josef sighed and slid down the wall locking his fingers together on his lap.

"Funny part about it all is that you're almost her age...merely decades younger after all she had you when she was human...She told me a much different story than the one that your father recalls. Your father was immortal and your mother was his queen, she loved him more than anything until you were conceived. Your mother said when you were born things started getting rough between her and Erik. She wanted to stay human for you...well a werewolf for you because she wanted you to grow up and be normal. She said...that Erik started beating her almost daily to the point she thought she wouldn't live to always see another day. One night things were actually going good and she was playing with you on the floor when your father had given her a glass of wine...she loved her wine" He laughed for a moment before taking a breath. "It was poison... she couldn't breath and she convulsed on the floor as he left her here and she said that the last thing she saw was him taking you from her arms and walking out. He left note and the next day she awoke immortal cause with the poison wine was Erik's blood...She had to feed to complete her transition and she did so she could find you. She said that when she'd found you that you were dead and she murdered Erik, but apparently it sounds like Erik just put you in a deep sleep long enough for her to bury the both of you and for him to get a henchman to dig the both of you up." 

This sounded more true than any story that passed my father's lips. Damn did it hurt ten times more now that I knew the truth after all these centuries and I intended to get revenge.

Charlotte POV

We pulled up to the museum sooner than I had expected and all I could do is shake my head after we parked. Truth be told I didn't think we had a chance and I sure as hell didn't feel like dying tonight, but it was Kara who was in there needing help and she would do the same for any of us. Forcing myself to get out of the car, my feet guided me to the door. Dan and Kyle were beside me and already had their features altered to show their new vampire perks. A slight chuckle passed my lips before I too revealed my crimson hues and sharp teeth. 

Blurring into the building I led the way down a couple of halls, silently navigating towards were Josef had hung for Kara and I to see in the old alter room that held all the old church artifacts. Then I saw her grey as a London rainy day and her ancient veins dark as tar. Dan was overcome by his need to protect her and blurred off to the alter lift her head up and examining the steak before yanking it out. 

"Kara...Kara wake up." He whispered, yet it echoed in the large hallow room. 

"Well well are visitors have arrived" Erik smirked jumping down from the rafters and flinging Dan across the room, cracking the stone wall with his body. Dan merely groaned and blurred up, obviously in pain. I wandered out into the open looking at Erik who was standing in front of Kara's limp body. "Charlotte....Kara's little protege and her sheepish boy toy. My my how you have followed in her footsteps." Without another word he'd knocked Kyle across the room then grabbed me by my throat, hoisting me into the air as I struggled in the strong grip. 

"Erik!" A younger gentleman rammed into Erik who dropped me as he slid across the ground. After a few moments I finally knew who the boy was just by the way he carried himself. Dante. "I know what you did! I know you killed her! I know you poisoned her when I was a boy so she would have to suffer like you!" He growled as his eyes turned golden and he blurred over to Erik and sunk his fangs into the ancient man. The two moved at vampire speed attacking each other back and forth in mere seconds. I blurred over to Kara and took the stake off the ground before aiding Dante by sinking it into Erik's back. The anger snarl passed his lips as his skin soon matched the color of Kara's who was still limp on the ground. Dante glanced at me before giving a nod to the lot of us before walking over to his mother and sitting on the ground with her. Dan, Kyle and I soon joined him as Erik laid lifeless across the room. Josef was no where in sight, knowing him he'd ran.

"Mum..." Dante mumbled before bitting into his wrist and pressing it to her lips. Crimson tears rolled down his cheeks as he let the blood trickle past her lips and down her cheek. "Come on...wake up. I'm sorry I didn't trust you...didn't consider believing you." He groaned as her teeth sunk into his flesh. A sigh of relief passed all our lips until her eyes opened and she pulled away looking at all of us with confusion. "Mum?"

"Charlotte? Who are all of these people?" She looked fearful as she backed away, I'd never seen crimson tears leave her eyes unless she was truly weak. "How...how did we get out of the cellar? Where are we?" 

"Kara...it's been decades since then...Kara it is the year 2015 what are you talking about? This is your son and Dan and Kyle. Come on you know all of them stop kidding around." She shook her head looking at Dante then Dan and Kyle.

"My son? But...he...he's dead. I buried him after I killed Erik." Dan slowly approached her and placed his palms on her temples. Her eyes rolled in the back of her head before they both groaned in pain. Her eyes opened for a moment, her gaze locked on him. "Daniel." Just like that they both fell to the floor and once again I was wondering what the hell Dan really was other than a vampire.