Demons

Demons By Imagine Dragons

Kara POV

A few hours had passed since Dan and Kyle left and being in the house was always uncomfortable for me. I yawned before walking to Charlotte in the living room, she was engrossed in a movie.

"I'm going out for a run, I'll be back in a few."

"Alright" She signed and checked her phone, making me laugh. I walked to the kitchen and drained a blood bag before tossing it in the trash.

"Stop obsessing over the boy and be patient." I yelled before putting on my white converses and running out of the from door. I climbed over the privacy fence and put in my headphones as I started to run on the side walk. I'd made it about half way down the curvy road when I noticed the black Cadillac abandoned with the door open. If my heart had been beating it would have stopped or skipped a beat as I stood there looking at the car. They couldn't have already caught up! I'd been careful with my planning. Usually that gave me a few years but it had only been a couple months. I ran over to the car and searched for any clue, picking up the scent of only two unidentified people. I dialed Charlotte quickly and looked around.

"Char bring my ninja bike out and you get the jeep. We gotta find Dan and Kyle. I think some hunters got to them....scratch that." I found a note in the glove box and read it out loud unintentionally "You've slipped up. If you want them not to end up like Josef come and we'll let them go with your little friend Charlotte..."

"Kara you're not giving yourself to them." Charlotte said as I looked around to check if anyone had seen me before I used my vampire speed to return to our house, hanging up on her. Charlotte was already standing in the garage, tossing my keys at me as I climbed onto my all black motor bike.

"I'm in charge. If I can get them free then I will. I will take care of myself."

"Fine, but be careful Kara. They're smart."

"So am I and I'm stronger." I put on my helmet and kick started my bike before giving her the note for the address. "I know where it is just stay outside." With that I sped off down the road towards the deserted cabins up north.

I'd made it there in less than 20 minutes, parking my bike across the street from the cabin and leaving my helmet behind. I blurred across the street and climbed up to the roof, noticing the sun was already setting as it began to get dark. I jumped down the hole in the ceiling and landed perfectly on my feet, the dust clouding around me.

"Well well. A bit quicker since the last time we met Kara." I heard the man speak, recalling his name to be Adam. He had tattoos all over and was a large strong man, with a small brain. Brian, the brain, was standing near Dan and Kyle holding a gun to the back of both their heads as they watched me. They were handcuffed and sitting on the floor. I stood straight up and watched as their boss came into view. Steven. A older man, with gray hair and always wore a business suit. He wasn't a lead hunter, but merely a small time business man that wanted to live forever. I smirked slightly.

"Here I thought the hunters had actually found me already, but no it's only you." I watched him slowly approach me and he grabbed roughly onto my chin. I growled and showed my fangs as my eyes turned bright gold, pushing him back. I heard the gun click, ready to fire, which made me stop.

"Now now, hold that temper of yours. Give me what I want otherwise these young lads will pay. You don't want more blood on your hands do you?" I laughed slightly and listened to my surroundings. I'd counted 6 hearts but only had 5 in view. I looked at Dan who was stunned but didn't seem scared. Only for a moment I got distracted but it was for a moment too long. I felt the burning liquid flow over me as the person with the 6th heartbeat poured acid over me. It didn't burn me like it did a human, it only stung and made me fall to the floor in pain as my body healed quickly. "See now we are even. Amazing how quickly you heal. Again you have what...over a thousand years of life running through you!" Steven laughed loudly and clapped. "Free those two. I have no interest in them. Only her blood." Brain nodded and pushed Dan and Kyle away.

"Run outside. Charlotte is in the jeep." They didn't question it and rushed outside. Steven grabbed my wrist and cut it roughly with a blade, licking it from the knife. "I'll see you on the other side" He said before Brian aimed the gun and shot him in the head. I smirked slightly, he knew how to become a vampire, however the time it took for it to work and make him wake up was an hour, which meant I had plenty of time to make sure he wouldn't come back. In a blur I grabbed Brian, feeling a bullet tear into my stomach and shoulder. The pain made me growl and Charlotte would have to pull them out for me later but I was strong enough to ignore it. I snapped his neck before doing the same to Adam before he could even blink. The other man looked in fear before I grabbed him and raised him in the air.

"You shouldn't have done that..." With that I crushed his neck and dropped him before walking over to Steven and tugged out his heart before dropping him to the ground. "And you should have done it safely away from me." I licked the blood off my fingers and smirked before walking out of the building and tossing a match as it was consumed in a blaze.