Bleeding Love

Bleeding Love By Leona Lewis

Kara POV

I felt sick to my stomach as we ate and drank. My head was pounding yet I kept on a smile, not wanting to worry anyone. I could hear the pulses all around me, making my eyes dart around. The urge to feed was getting unbearable. I looked around, tapping my nails against the table. I could feel Dan watching me with a worried expression. I could barely keep my thoughts in order.

"Wanna get some fresh air?" He took my hand, ceasing the tapping. I looked at him and nodded before standing and smiling. "We'll be back in a moment." Dan looked at Charlotte and Kyle who also looked concerned. We walked into the alley next to the building and stood against the wall. I looked around and noticed a woman walking out of the restaurant. I could smell her blood and hear her heart beat. "What are you doing Kara...Kara?"

"Dan...I'm sorry."

"For what? What's wrong?" He narrowed his eyes looking in mine. "You can talk to me love. Tell me what is happening to you." He took my hand with one of his.

"I can't...I need..." I looked back at the woman as he grabbed my arm, my eyes turned glossy back. I couldn't think, nor control my body. I was turning into a monster. I barred my fangs looking at him, seeing fear in his eyes before I grabbed his neck and snapped it, watching him fall to the floor. On the outside I smirked, but on the inside I was crying. True he wasn't dead, only out for some small amount of time, yet harming him was the one thing I wouldn't forgive myself of doing. I looked back at the lady before rushing over and biting into her neck. Her blood was so sweet as it flowed down my throat and I closed my eyes. She couldn't scream cause my teeth had injured her throat too severely. I dropped her lifeless body and licked my crimson lips before blurring out of the way as a car hit the body, making a mess. Ah well saved me from cleaning it up. I looked around for any witnesses before running off into the nearby forest. Here I thought I would be able to fight off my dark side. Instead it was consuming me.

Charlotte POV

I looked at Kyle after checking my watch for the fifth time. They'd been out there for 20 minutes and I was beginning to get more concerned. Kara's eyes changing colour earlier had surprised me as well as her body healing so quickly after days of small progress. Something must've triggered both.

"She's never been like this...so jumpy...wild" I sighed and took his hand after he collected his card from paying the check. We stood together and headed outside in search of Kara and Dan.

"It must have been something that was caused after we were turned or that day Charlotte. Do you have a clue?" I shook my head and headed towards the alley.

"I'll have to look when we get home if she won't tell us. She always keeps a journal." I sighed again before noticing a lifeless figure in the alley then looking in the street seeing a cop car and ambulance. The smell of blood was in the air and I began to fret. Kyle rushed ahead of me and shook the man. It was Dan and his neck was twisted in an awkward way. I rushed over as well and set his head straight.

"Come on mate! Wake up. Bloody hell she broke his neck. That bitch broke his neck!" Kyle growled, his eyes turning red, I growled slightly and looked around.

"Lets get him to the car and head back to the flat. I don't want to be out here when Kara isn't in control. That isn't her though. She would never hurt Dan and we both know that!" I yelled before starting to walk to the car at the other end of the alley. Kyle carried Dan over his shoulder and sat him in the back before slamming the door as he climbed into the passenger side. I started the engine and drove us towards our flat, looking in the rear view mirror at Dan. He'd woken up after a few minutes of being in the car, but it seemed he was too lost in his thoughts to speak. "Dan? What happened?" I spoke softly as I kept my eyes on the road.

"She was looking at this lady as food and I grabbed her arm, trying to talk to her...she wasn't herself. The last thing I saw were those eyes." Tears fell down his cheeks as he took a deep breath. "We have our show in two days. I can't even focus right now Charlotte! Not knowing if she's hurt out there or hurting someone." I knew Dan was right. Kara was out there. It was out there.

"We need to find her journals, hopefully she brought some of the useful ones. Dan we'll get her back before the show. I promise." I promised something even I wasn't sure about.