Chapter Twenty Seven

Start from the beginning

I took the opportunity to shower and wash my hair while everyone ate downstairs. As soon as I got out, I retreated back to my room and locked the door. I dried off and just towel dried my hair. I didn't feel like doing anything fancy to it, so I just put it in a sloppy, high bun.

After all of this, putting on my pajamas and choosing my outfit for tomorrow, it was ten o'clock. I knew that Ms. Tompkins and Levi would be asleep by now, but Tyler's sleeping patterns were always so much different from everyone else's. Not only did he stay up all night, he didn't sleep through the day. I wondered if he suffered from insomnia like his brother once did.

I pushed my over-analyzation on him to the back of my brain as I got into bed. I didn't care.

Closing my eyes, I relaxed...

I wonder how many girls Tyler had talked to while he was away?

Did he leave because of me?

Why was he back?

Did he really give a crap about his dad's funeral?

Where was he when he left?

How had he gotten over me so quickly?

A million questions swarmed my mind as I tossed and turned.

Opening my eyes, I realized I wasn't asleep yet. Shit.

I looked at my alarm clock, seeing that it was twelve in the morning. I knew right then that I'd be a complete mess tomorrow. If I didn't get at least eight hours of sleep, I would be hell in the morning.

I turned on my lamp and sat up, putting my head in my palms.

Next, I heard a knock on my door and my head darted up.

Then, I heard the person knock again. "Kylie," I heard Tyler's voice. This sent me into a frenzy as I ran up to the door quietly. I began panicking though I knew the door was locked. He obviously knew I was still awake, I'd turned my freaking light on!

I calmed myself down and placed my ear against the door softly.

I heard him sigh. "Kylie.. Will you open the door?" He pleaded. "I want to talk to you."

I backed away from the door slowly, and after a few seconds, I heard him walk away.

I remained by the door as I heard him quickly come back.

A piece of folded notebook paper slid under the door and I picked it up cautiously. Unfolding it carefully, I read it.

"Please," he wrote.

I smiled at the note and his handwriting. He clearly wasn't giving up, and secretly, I didn't want him to. I just didn't know what to say.. I'd thought of a zillion questions that I wanted him to answer but I didn't know how to ask. He made me so nervous, and antsy. I literally couldn't sit still.

I stepped towards the door and unlocked it. Opening it, I saw him look up at me as if he was expecting me to send the note back under the door.

Butterflies danced around in my stomach as I took in his beautiful gray eyes along with the rest of him. His hair was messy, like he'd been tossing and turning in bed like I had. He had on the same black jeans from earlier, but with a white tank top, exposing his broad shoulders. If sight wasn't enough, I could smell his musky cologne that was starting to drive me crazy. He looked absolutely...

"Yes?" I asked, being too stubborn to let those thoughts continue.

"I came to uh," he cleared his throat. "Check on you."