A Clue To The Truth.

[Shuichis POV.]

I finally entered the house, almost immediately collapsing to my knees as I felt my heart drop into emptyness.
I never would have imagined something like... Him.
No, I guess I did have a theory, but not that he would use some sort of spell to twist it around like a snake around its victims.

I never thought our reunion could ever turn out like this, not to mention how he acted!
No... He acted like the old Kokichi.
He acted like himself... Or did he?

I was on my hands and knees in front of the shut entrance door as sweat and tears ran down my face. I didn't know why I was crying, but I knew that somehow, Kokichi hit a spot that no one else could reach... and he hit it hard.

I was crying like never before in my entire life, not even caring about anything right now.
I didn't understand what happened to me or what he did to me, all I knew though was that someone was now standing in front of me with a hurtful look on his face.
Kiibo... But he was only the first one to see me miserable.

Soon, I heard steps rushing to me as a strong arm was wrapped around my shoulder protectively.
It didn't take me long until I knew who it was... Kaito Momota, my best friend, or... well... Luminary of the Stars.

"Hey, yo Shuichi, what's wrong?! "
Kaito asked loudly to overtone my sobbing and whimpering.
He sounded very worried.
"K-K-K... "
I couldn't say it... I couldn't speak out the name of the one that made me feel so...
No... It isn't his fault.
"K... who? "
Kaito slightly tilted his head.
"K-Kokichi... "
I barely managed to choke out the name, and Im pretty sure that it was almost impossible to understand my muttering between all those sobs.
Kaitos eyes immediately widened after hearing that name.
He was an idiot, but he would never, ever, forget the person he titled 'little brat'.
"What the fuck... Where is he? What did he do?! "

I quickly whiped the tears away as best as I possibly could, trying to ignore the pain in the pit of my stomach.
I just shook my head in response as I stood up, not wanting Kaito to worry about me.
Kaito, that was desperately yelling at me, or more the air, held me back and demanded the truth.
"LET ME GO... please... "
I yelled at him, the last word being silent as I freed myself from his tight grip, running into my room with loud steps, slamming the door in front of their faces.

I was done with this case...
No one would care if I quit and nothing could hurt me anymore...
At least... I thought.

[Spectators POV.]

Kiibo stood there, still as a stone with a worried and saddened expression on his mechanical features.
He watched the door slam shut, hearing the dull sound carried by a dreadful silence between the involved people in the room.
The only sound that was heard where the quiet ticking sounds that the clock on the wall gave off.
Sadness and hate hung in the thick air, making it hard to breath.

Suddenly, two eyes where pinned on Kiibo and before he could mentally prepare, he was grabbed and shaken violently by none other than the Ultimate Astronaut.
"WwwhhhooaaaAAA- H-Hey!!! "
Kiibo cried out, trying to get Kaito to stop as he struggled in the mans firm grip.
"What did you do?! "
Kaito yelled at him, freaking out entirely.
"I-I only told h-him about the case!!! "
Kiibo tried to defend himself.
"P-PLEASE STOP, my bolts are loosening!!! AaaGGGHH."
Kaito let go of the robot that was now stumbling around the whole room, trying to escape from this abnormal and crazy scenario.

...

.....

........

Well...
Sometimes they think back to when they thought they were happy.

Just like the one time they promised to forgive each other everything they did, no matter who and no matter what.

But now that Shuichi thinks back, was the promise really truthful, did it have the same meaning to them like it had for him?

That was the last promise he, Kaede and the others made, but was it really ok to forgive everyone?

Kokichi is the type to redo past mistakes over and over, right?
Or was that just another lie he made them believe?
Shuichi knew he should be thankful that Kokichi helped him so many times already, but Kokichi was just so...
So...
He... He couldn't describe him, no matter how hard the detective tried.
He wanted Kokichi to finally leave him and the others alone, but at the same time he desperately wanted him to stay with all of them, him to tell them the truth... Him to trust them... He wanted Kokichi to be friends with everyone, but not after Kaedes first promise back in the killing game, no. He became addicted to Kokichis lies after he had the last friendly conversation with him...
They had became friends, he though, but that must've been a lie as well, right?

After thinking about the past, Shuichi fell asleep on his bed.

---------------------------------------------------------

The next day Shuichi woke up from a knock on his bedroom door.
Shuichi first didn't want to open the door but decided to get up after hearing the persons smooth voice through the door.
He opened the door to see none other than Rantaro Amami, The Ultimate Traveler/Survivor or whatever you want to call him.

"Ah, Amami-kun... What's wrong? "
Shuichi asked with a weak voice that was barely noticeable, but Rantaro must have heard it anyways and decided to speak up and answer.
"I found this fancy looking latter in front of our door when I wanted to leave to go visit Korekiyo on his latest studies. "
Rantaro said in his calm voice as he handed me a latter that looked pretty old school yet fancy.
{Right, Rantaro was always the one checking on Korekiyo because no one really wanted to get near him... gladly, we didn't tell Rantaro the sister love situation yet...}
Shuichi thought to himself as he saw the name written on the envelope along with the small text...

To Shuichi Saihara.
The Game.

Shuichis eyes immediately widened at the sight of the latter.
Was this the thing Kokichi was talking about?
But how did he not only find the Ultimates Household but also... How did it get here?

Ignoring the interested and curious Rantaro, he opened the envelope and pulled out a latter. The handwriting was crappy, but you could tell that they tried.

Together with Rantaro he read the note...

There once was a fire during a cold night.
Only one victim was found, the others fled.
The victim was left alone by his friends, and suffered in a hospital.
The victim was out for a long, long time, yet others say he woke up to pull on the strings he couldn't even reach.
Step 1. Expose the real liar.

Task one:
Who is the real liar in this story?

---------------------------------------------------------

Short A/N:

Sorry for not getting this out sooner but right now I am struggling with a cold, but I am also overall a little stressed.
I hope you enjoyed it, if you find spelling errors or grammar errors, please tell me, I hardly had any time to look closely through it.

See you soon!
0w0