I furrow my eyebrows at the conversation when the nickname the students at Hamilton High assigned to me is brought up.

What do I have to do with a new kid?

"Morning, Violet." I jump when a hand is placed on my shoulder from behind me.

I spin around and am greeted with the sight of my favourite teacher. "Hi, Mrs Lancaster." A wide smile graces my face. She's the only teacher who understands me and believes my innocence. She's the only person I can consider a friend.

"How was you're summer break? Did you do anymore running like the last track camp you went to?" I shake my head at her question.

"Uh- no, actually I didn't. I just stayed inside all holidays." I tell her and burry my hands into the pockets of my jeans.

She frowns. "I thought you would of went back. You loved that camp." She refers to the summer camp dedicated to running I attended last year. "Bummer. Let's hope you've still got those skills ready for track. That starts fifth period today."

"Can't wait." I roll back and forth on my feet as Mrs Lancaster fixes her light brown bangs that reach the top of her eyebrows.

"Let's hope today is a good day. I swear- if Mr Samuelson keeps walking up and down the halls with his mug in his hand and yells at everyone, I'll be quitting." She jokes, earning a small laugh at me.

"I'm surprised he hasn't even fired you given this is how you talk about him." The principal of Hamilton High definitely isn't the sweetest of people.

Mrs Lancaster scoffs. "He knows damn well I'm the best teacher this school's got."

"You teach PE." I deadpan. "He always claims that's a toxic class that isn't needed and all PE teachers are 'just as dumb as the students'." I quote our horrid principal.

Mrs Lancaster laughs loudly. "Yeah, you're right. I should probably shut up and go to that ten minute teachers meeting before he fires me."

"See you fifth period, and try not to get fired. You're pretty much the closest thing I have to a friend here." She smiles and waves before walking back down the hall in her sport shorts and singlet.

I sigh and close my dark blue locker, glancing at the few students who walk by me with their scared and hateful stares on me.

The warning bell rings and I leave my locker to walk to my first period class, which happens to be geography.

And there she is. Camila Beckett, standing in her glory within the circle of Hamilton High's 'popular girls'.

Her old plain black canvas shoes have turned into small heeled boots, and her old denim skirts now material and skin tight- and even shorter than I remember.

Who once was my best friend now changes her clothes and attitude just to fit in.

"Hey Killer Girl!" The school's most annoying, yet appreciated person- Nancy Dennis calls out to me with her red painted lips tugged up into her usual smirk. "I have a list of people I need dead by the end of the day. Think you can help me out with that?"

The few girls dressed up in revealing clothes and curled blonde hair snicker, all except Camila who stands there un-interested in the girls attempts to annoy me.

A part of me wishes I didn't push her away, and that the small spark of humanity is left within her considering she doesn't antagonise me.

I keep walking past them to go into class. "First person on my list is you. So, for all of our sakes, go kill yourself."

The girls around her erupt in laugh but I roll my eyes at her poor excuse of a joke. It's not the first time someone has told me that. I'm use to taking their comments onboard.