Chapter 31

Four down, one more to go. I rang the doorbell, my hand shaking. In five minutes, no one answered the door and I stepped back.

"Oh it looks like no ones home!" I exclaimed to Hailey who was going through a magazine.

"Your not backing out of this." she said flipping a page. "Ring the doorbell again."

"Yeah! I want to go in too." Kevin said.

"O-ok." I said nervously. I wasn't ready for this. I rang the doorbell again and this time I heard footsteps.

The door opened and we were facing Harry. "Hey." he said with a grin.

In a matter of minutes we were sitting on the couch. Kevin was running around with Niall and Zayn while Hailey was somewhere with Harry.

"Hey." said a voice from behind me. I averted my gaze from Kevin and looked behind me.

"Hey. Liam, do you know where Louis is?" I asked after he took a seat in front of me.

"Actually he left." Liam said turning on the T.V. I saw him go through channels and his face lit up once he saw that Toy Story 3 was on.

"What do you mean, he left?" I asked.

"He went to Doncaster yesterday. His mom caught the flu." Liam said.

"Oh." was all I could say.

"I'm sure he'll be back in a week."

"I think that would be too late." I muttered.

"Did you say something?" Liam asked.

"No nothing. I'll be back." I said walking towards the door.

"Where are you going?" he called out to me.

"Just to make a call. I'll be back." I said. Once I closed the door behind me, I took out my cellphone and went through my contacts.

Should I call him? It would have ended much better of I said it face to face. Ugh. It's better than nothing. I clicked on his name and I heard the ringing start.

One ring. Two rings. Third ring. A voice came up. "Hello." Louis' voice rang up.

"Hey Louis." I said.

"You have rung Louis' phone. Right now I'm either fighting villains with my superman powers, or just busy. Either way, leave a message and I'll answer back when the world is safe." rang his voice.

The beep came and I hung up. No, I can't do this via texting and I can't leave a message. I just had to wait until he called back.

I walked back inside and sat on the sofa. "So how was your talk?" Liam asked.

"We didn't talk." I said.

"But it isn't a big deal unless it's something really important,right? Just talk to him once he gets back." Liam said trying to cheer me up.

"I guess." I said.

By the look on my face, Liam said "Sounds like its really important since you can't wait. Just don't worry about it. A week will fly by."

"I hope so." I said.

"And what do you hope for?" asked a voice.

"Niall!" I exclaimed, surprise written on my face. "Nothing really." I said giving him a smile.

"Whatever you say. Anyway, I was going to take Kevin to Nandos. Can I?"

"Uh...yeah. You don't have to ask." I said.

"So does anyone else want to come?" he asked.

"I'm coming. We don't want Kevin to learn how to eat from you." Liam said causing Niall to pout and me to laugh.

"What about you?" Niall said redirecting his attention to me.

"I'll pass. I'm not hungry." I said.

"Well no one is going to be here." Niall said.

"Why?" I asked.

"The three of us are going to Nandos, Zayn is out with Perrie, his girlfriend and Harry is with Hailey who are also not here." Niall said.

"Well I'm heading home too. I still have things to do." I said pointing to my cell phone which caused Niall to display a confused expression. "I'll try one more time." I said redirecting my voice to Liam since he was the only person that knew what I was talking about. He gave me a reassuring smile.

I saw Niall look at him and then at me. "Are you guys hiding something from me?" he asked.

"No. Let's go to Nandos." Liam said taking him to the door. I followed and exited the door.

"Bye guys." I said walking across the street. I was going to give it one more shot.

When I got to my room, I sat on my bed and dialed his number. After the third ring I heard someone say "Hello." I waited until his voicemail came on, but it didn't.

Louis' voice said "Hello." again. My eyes widened and I became nervous.

"L-Louis." I stuttered.

"Hey, Zoey." he said. I had a feeling he was grinning from the other line.

"I need to tell you something." I said getting to the point.

"Go ahead." he said.

"Louis!" exclaimed the voice of a girl from the other line. "Hurry up. You promised to take me to the mall."

"Hang on Zoey. It's my sister." he said.

"Eh. Zoey? Who's Zoey? Is she your new girlfriend?" asked the voice.

"No. I'm coming. Just hang on, Lottie." he said.

"Fine, but hurry up. I also have to show you a couple of other things. Like the new ice cream shop and then there's also--" she got cut off.

"I get it. Just give me five minutes." he said closing a door. "I'm back!" he exclaimed.

I started laughing. "Louis. I heard everything from here. I'll call you later, go have fun with your sister."

"Are you sure?" he asked.

"Yeah, the thing I wanted to say isn't that important anyway."

"Fine. Bye. I'll be back before its Liam's birthday." he said.

"I don't like using the word bye. Say 'see ya' instead." I said.

"Since when?" he asked.

"Since now. See ya, Louis!" I said hanging up on him. The word 'bye' felt like I wouldn't see him again. I didn't want that.

I really did blow my chance on telling him the truth. Well I don't think it matters. As long as I'm the one telling him, it doesn't matter how long it takes. As long as it doesn't come out from someone else's mouth. I could wait until he came back.

A/N: All I have to say is, vote and comment please!