e p i l o g u e

𝙀𝙋𝙄𝙇𝙊𝙂𝙐𝙀—𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘤𝘢𝘮𝘦 𝘣𝘢𝘤𝘬 𝘵𝘰 𝘮𝘦—

𝙀𝙋𝙄𝙇𝙊𝙂𝙐𝙀
—𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘤𝘢𝘮𝘦 𝘣𝘢𝘤𝘬 𝘵𝘰 𝘮𝘦—

𝘼𝙇𝙇𝙄𝙎𝙊𝙉 𝙎𝙈𝙄𝙇𝙀𝙎 𝘼𝙎 Leo pulls her into his strong arms. The brunette buries her face into his chest, pulling her cardigan closer to her chest. The sun was beginning to set, and the snow on the ground was staying put. And although the air was cold, Allison had still managed to drag her husband into the snow just to make a snow angel.

Nearly two years ago, Allison Pierce died on the night of the annual Purge. But Leo hadn't accepted that, and rushed her to the nearest hospital after she stopped breathing. It was an utter miracle that the Purge ended right as he arrived, and the staff opened the doors for him. She was successfully injected with a medication that flushed her system of the poison in her veins, and was resuscitated within the hour.

Leo Barnes was simply a miracle worker, and kept Allison on the earth where she belonged. Despite the fact that she was happy with her brother, there was still unfinished business for her here. And since the election and demolishment of the Purge, there was nothing more she had to worry about.

"Are you ready to make a snow angel?" Allison asks, pulling back to look into his eyes. "One for my brother, and one for your son."

"You're the only snow angel I need," Leo tugs her forward into the snow. "Come on, you can make both of them."

And after the experience of seeing her brother again, Allison knew one day she would see him again. When that happened, she knew Leo would be right by her side.

It didn't take revenge to be happy; it only took a mistake to realize that what she was looking for was in front of her the whole time.

_______