s i x

𝘾𝙃𝘼𝙋𝙏𝙀𝙍 𝙎𝙄𝙓—𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘬𝘪𝘥𝘯𝘢𝘱𝘱𝘦𝘳𝘴—

𝘾𝙃𝘼𝙋𝙏𝙀𝙍 𝙎𝙄𝙓
—𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘬𝘪𝘥𝘯𝘢𝘱𝘱𝘦𝘳𝘴—

𝘼𝙇𝙇𝙄𝙎𝙊𝙉 𝙒𝙊𝙆𝙀 𝙒𝙄𝙏𝙃 a start, water spewing from her lips and dripping from her face. The woman sputters and coughs, her eyes opening and allowing her to adjust to the dim room. It looked much like a warehouse; one that smelled of bleach and disinfectant. She almost gagged, but held back as she took in the rest of her surroundings. The walls of the building were stained with a black residue, and a fire burned at the far left side.

Bodies of lifeless people were scattered across the floor, each of them having every limb— including their head— amputated. Blood pooled around each one of them, among weapons and intestines that had managed to spill. The brunette looks away, swallowing back her disgust. Her men, all of them tied up and unconscious, were on the wall opposite from her. Duct tape covered their mouths, and chains held them up off the ground.

"Allison," Leo breathes from beside her, clearly awake for a longer time than her. "Are you okay? They didn't hurt you, did they?"

"I'm fine," she replies gravely, resting her head against the wall. But, as she looked to the right of her, she wasn't sure if she was fine any longer.

Bane chuckles as her eyes land on his hands, where he cradles an empty bucket. "It took you long enough. I was debating on which of your fingers I should cut off first to see if that would wake you."

"What the fuck do you want?" Allison demands, looking over his young features.

Bane was only a year younger than her, but looked a bit more aged. Because once she stared at him long enough, she began to notice the wrinkles forming on his face. He deserved much more than that, though; aging was only a small price to pay for all of the things he had caused— all the suffering he had put her, and many others, through.

"I should be asking the same questions," Bane says smoothly, stepping in front of her. "Tell me, Allison, why did you decide to come after me? Revenge? As if you stood a fucking chance, you tried to get together a team, and you failed."

"You've destroyed my entire fucking life!" Allison yells, her voice echoing off the walls. "Killing me would be a favor. So save your shit, and get it over with."

In reality, she wasn't sure if her words were true. Would she really prefer to die? To leave behind her family? And although she felt brave enough to say it, Allison didn't want to die tonight. Leo struggled beside her, tugging against the restraints.

"Do you honestly believe I'd let you off of the hook so easily?" Bane raises an eyebrow, pulling a knife from his belt before placing it at her throat. His dark brown eyes burn into hers. "You tried to kill me, and you'll pay the price. But first, I want you to suffer."

On cue, a team of four steps inside the building. Two of the men in white carry an old, wooden guillotine. Another holds a bloody chainsaw, and the man behind him a machete. As the guillotine touches the floor, Bane retreats to Allison's team, a wicked grin on his face. Allison shakes her head, yanking against the straps and chains that hold her up.

"No!" She yelps, watching helplessly as one of her soldiers are released from his bounds, and brought to his feet. It takes him a minute to fully wake up; but when he does, he looks around frantically, before being picked up and dragged to the beheading device. "Leave him alone! It's me you want! I did it!"

"Allison," Leo speaks clearly, fighting past the chains to grab the woman's hand. "Look away, you don't have to watch this. Listen to me— look away."

"Leo," she cries, tears escaping her eyes. "I can fucking do this anymore, we have to get out of here."

"I know," he murmers. "I'll get us out."

The soldier begins to yell as his head is placed on the block, and begs for mercy. Bane only laughs in reply, making a quick gesture before a man in white cuts the rope, releasing the sharp blade. The soldier's shouts are cut off when his head falls onto the floor, blood escaping the stump that used to be where his head and neck met.

The splitting sound was enough to make vomit rise into Allison's throat, forcing her to empty the contents of her stomach onto the concrete below her feet. Leo winces too, taken aback before regaining his focus, and moving his hand to his back pocket to find something— anything that could help them escape. But Bane and his team had already removed all of their weapons, and Leo had no more tricks up his sleeve.

"Just stop," Allison pleads, ducking her head as she heaves for air. "Let them go, I'm the one who did this. Don't you have any fucking humanity?"

"Obviously I don't," Bane shrugs, running his gloved hand through his jet black hair. "And you don't, either. If you did, you wouldn't have put all these people at risk for a petty revenge scheme; that, might I add, didn't work."

Allison felt weak as Bane dragged Kaylin from his chains next, his body hitting the ground, and a groan falling from his covered lips. She wasn't hiding her tears anymore, only letting them fall freely for the world to see. Because now that he had hit her where it hurt the most, she was finally getting the backlash that Leo had previously warned her about. Had she listened to him, all of the people in front of her would have been safe, and out of Bane's torcherous grasp.

"Put him down!" She writhes, Kaylin's terrified eyes finding hers. "Please don't do this, please!"

"Don't let them get to you," Leo says quietly to her, trying to get her attention over the sorrowed cries that came from deep within her heart. "You can't. Be strong, Allison."

Kaylin was layed flat on the floor, his mouth uncovered as one of the men started up the chainsaw in his grip. Kaylin's eyes widened, and he yelled out just as the chainsaw came down.

"No!" Allison screams at the top of her lungs.

Kaylin rolled on his side, the chainsaw sputtering as it cut against the cement flooring. He releases a gasp of relief, before averting his eyes to the man with the machete, and kicking it from his hands. Allison remains hopeful as she watches him, kicking off the wall to try and get free. Her chains rattling was enough of a distraction so that Kaylin could reach for the machete.

But it was too late, and the man with the chainsaw brought it down on him anyway.

And Allison couldn't help it; even though Leo continued to urge her gaze away, she watched as the light drained slowly from Kaylin's eyes.

It was then that she vowed— there was no way in hell Bane would survive the night, even if it killed her.

_______