Chapter Ten

"Tom?"

"..."

Tom?"

"..."

"Riddle?"

"..."

"Ehm... Lord Slytherin?"

"..."

"Thomas Marvolo Riddle!" Hara shouted, finally losing her temper.

Voldemort pinched the bridge of his nose. If you were anyone else, your remains would be found spread across the entirety of the United Kingdom... he thought to himself. "Hara, if you ever address me like that again, I will bind your magic for a week. Now what is it you so desperately need?

"You wouldn't!" She stuck out her tongue out him, eliciting a grimace from him. Voldemort sent a light stinging hex to her tongue.

"Manners Hara... Your noose may have a considerable amount of slack, but if you keep testing it's boundaries, eventually you will hang yourself." He reprimanded.

"Owe! Why do you always say weird things?" She giggled. "Oh! Tom. Teach me how to be an aminnn-  uhmm... amagg- animagus! Please please please!"

He ignored her and resumed reading the weathered old tome in his lap.

"Tom..? Please?" She said while grabbing the edge of the tome and pulling it down slightly so she could peek over and see him. The expression she wore could only be described as a puppy begging for a treat, down to the little whimpering whine that elongated her words.

He sighed and sat down his tome on the side table next to him. "Now why would you want to turn yourself into some sort of creature... I have the utmost confidence that your animagus would be a little nat that would prove harder to swat away than you already are." He leaned over placing his elbows on his knees, and rested his head in his hands. Leveling a teasing smile at her.

"You don't swat me away!" She correct him. Crossing her arms in front of her, eyebrows furrowed in full seven year old frustration.

"If you keep looking at me that way I will start right this moment..." he warned. Sitting back in his chair and crossing his legs. They both stared at each other, both too stubborn to even blink. Voldemort lifted an eyebrow, which was met with a raised eyebrow of her own.

"Hara! Draco is here!" Sirius called from the corridor.

Hara's face immediately cracked into a smile.
"Draco!" She yelled as she turned in an instant and flew out the door.

Voldemort shook his head in exasperation. Who knew the most challenging thing he would ever face was a little girl. Maybe the prophecy would come to pass, and she would defeat him by inducing an aneurysm... he picked up his book and began to read again. He could hear the clicking of well made dragonhide boots, and the tap of a cane steadily coming down the corridor to his study. Reading in peace today was simply not an option it seems... he thought bitterly.

The clicking and tapping stopped abruptly at the double doors half a-jar now because Hara didn't bother shutting them on her way to find the little Malfoy brat. The elder Malfoy, Lucius was much more well-behaved than Hara. At least one of my Pets knows how to behave. Lucius respectfully waited to be invited in by his Lord, and didn't dare to disturb him.

"You may enter Lucius..." Voldemort casually flicked his index finger up, opening the double doors the rest of the way. Not moving his eyes from his book.

Lucius sheathed his cane through the belt of his perfectly pressed robes and entered. Walking to the front of Lord Voldemort, but keeping his eyes on the floor, giving a deferential bow.