Preface

"Everything good, everything magical happens in the months between June and August

"Everything good, everything magical happens in the months between June and August."

-Jenny Han

synopsis

Reggie and Lilac used to be best friends. But that was before everything happened.
Now, people know the two as enemies.
Always at each other's throats, throwing out sharp words and venom filled insults.

Before, Reggie and Lilac used to spend every weekend together, staying up late and eating junk food until they couldn't anymore, sharing secrets, and opening their hearts.
Now, Lilac spends her weekends competing in pageants and planning out new cheer routines.
Now, Reggie spends his weekends drinking beer, playing baseball, and waking up next to another a girl.
Now, they aren't anything.

NOW

Lilac is planning a summer full of lounging at her best friend's pool, tanning, and some (not so) virgin mai tais. But that's when it all goes wrong.

Lilac's grandma is sick, and she's only getting worse. So when she finds her mom crying on the phone about who'll look after her for the summer, Lilac doesn't even hesitate before she volunteers until her mom and aunts can get a live-in nurse.

But it just so happens that Lake Rossen, where Lilac's grandma and summer are, is exactly where Reggie Reys is going to be.

Reggie Reys' dream is to make it big in baseball. It's all he's ever wanted since he was a kid. And all he needs is to get in good with one of the recruiters at his dream school, CMTN. And it just so happens that one of the recruiters is hosting a baseball camp at Lake Rosen for the best of the best.

And with the word getting out about this life-altering opportunity to impress a CMTN recruiter, all the empty cabins at Lake Rosen are now full of people that Lilac hates: Reggie Reys' like wannabes.

And the only option left is for Reggie to spend the summer with Lilac.

In the same cabin, just a few feet and two closed doors apart. (Not to mention a whole lot of pushed down and denied feelings.)

Despite thinking that the other is the worst (and way cuter), both Reggie and Lilac know that they have to put their differences aside for the summer in order to get what they want. A baseball scholarship and an intact family.

So now these two have to try and get along as they have to spend the whole summer together in a small town up in the middle of nowhere, which just so happens to be the middle of exactly where they both need to be this summer.

Playlist

Playlist

SMALL INFINITY - whim
It's our infinity
and it might be small
But I'd rather have this
then nothing at all

SATURDAY SUN - Vance joy
And still the memory's right there,
She put the breeze in my hair,
No kiss was softer

US -  Tom Rosenthal
You blamed it on the late arrivals
You said it was about the end of the trust
You said it was the love rivals
But I think it was about us

WALK ME HOME - p!nk
So come on and show me how we're good
I think that we could do some good, mhm

GOOD OLD DAYS - Macklemore ft. Kesha
I wish somebody would have told me babe
Some day, these will be the good old days
All the love you won't forget

ANGEL EYES - Abba
Look into his angel eyes,
You'll think you're
In paradise

LEVITATING - Dua Lipa
You want me,
I want you, baby

LEVITATING - Dua Lipa You want me,I want you, baby