24. i don't wanna die here

Começar do início

"I'm sorry."

A blade stabbed through her abdomen, making Ariel stop the spell. Her hands and legs start to wobble and soon she falls to the ground in complete pain. The angel blade had gotten in to her, but how? Who would help Lucien Castle?

She turns her head slightly, seeing Klaus Mikaelson standing above her, guilty as charged. "You. Why? Why would you do this to me?"

He kneeled down beside her, tears threatening to come out. "He promised me he would heal Cami if I..."

"Killed me?" she asked and he stayed silent. Even with the little amount of energy she had left, Ariel screamed at him. "You monster! I thought we were family! I vowed to protect you no matter what, and you trade me for some girl who never wanted you? How dare you! I hope you die, I hope–"

Lucien comes behind her, moving the angel blade in her so she shuts up. Ariel screams in agony, wanting everything to stop. All she could think about was her brother, Davina, and Kol. Did any of them sense what was wrong?

A shadow casted over all of them, making everyone look up. Asher came running of the rooftop, kicking Klaus in the face. Kai came out of the doorway, making Lucien have a brain aneurysm. Both quickly retreated, not wanting to get into another fight.

"Ariel!" Asher runs over to his sister and puts her head in his lap. His eyes glance to the piercing in her stomach. "Is that the angel blade?" She nods and a lump catches in his throat. "N-No. You're okay. Nothing's happening, you're not going anywhere."

Ariel knew that was all a lie, just something to ease her mind. "I don't wanna die here."

Kai slowly comes over, grabbing her hand. "You're not going to die. I can try a spell, but I need Davina with me for it. I'll carry Ariel, okay?"

Ariel winces as Kai puts his arms under her. He apologizes plenty of times, following after Asher back to the Summers' apartment. Once they enter, it seems like no one's home.

"Davina!" Asher calls out to her. "D, this isn't funny!"

Ariel can barely keep her eyes open, but an image of the bar flashes through her head. "Bar. She's there."

Worry floods her veins as she knows Kol was spending his whole day there. The trio go as quickly as they can to the bar. Running upstairs, they can hear the screams of a girl.

"DAVINA!" Asher throws Kol to the side and catches her before she hits her head on the floor. Looking at the bite wound on her neck, he lightly shakes her. "Davina, hey, hey wake up. You're okay. God, please wake up. I love you!"

He cries as he hears her heart go out. Kol stands up from the other side of the room, taking it all in as to what he's done. He then looks over at Ariel in Kai's arms, seeing she looks close to death as well.

Running over to her, Asher holds him back. "You're not going anywhere near my sister."

"I'm sorry, okay? The ancestors are controlling me and they're way to powerful. I would never hurt Davina intentionally–"

Asher cuts him off by punching him in the face. He walks away, helping Kai lay Ariel on a table. Kai looks over at Davina's body, "I can't do the spell without her now."

"Kai," Asher begs him. "Please try with everything you got. Channel me."

Kol comes by Ariel's side, Asher not giving him a second look as he knows he can't stop him from seeing her. Ariel looks up at Kol, seeing his face all bloody. Her heart aches, knowing he had done the deed.

He kneels down beside her, grasping her hand. "I – I can't lose someone else today."

"It was Klaus," she whispers to him, sounding sick. "Never trust him again."

Ariel feels Kol press a kiss to her forehead. She feels sweat dripping down on her face and the wound throbbing immensely. She looks up at Kai, seeing him about to begin the spell.

"This is going to hurt."

+++

so.much.is.going.on

klaus got played. ariel's dying. davina's dying. lucien's a bitch. kai's still an adorable friend. asher hates kol. what's next?

only a couple more chapters of this book probably omg

make sure to vote and comment!!

-brooke