Chapter - 2

"Lia! I am so glad you're here could you drive me to Aunt Sara's house? She wanted to introduce me to her future daughter in law, Christy. I can't believe our mischievous Sebastian is getting married. Rosalia knows how much her mother adored her cousin just like her son Joshua. Sebastian hit a rough patch during high school but he changed dramatically over the past years maybe it's because of his fiance Christy. Joshua and Sebastian were also inseparable when they were kids, after Joshua's death he had changed his old ways, he gave up smoking and drinking and worked hard to become an aeronautical engineer at last. Both Joshua and Sebastian even if he was a year older than Joshua did everything together, dreamed of flying higher together as well however only one of them achieved that dream to an extent.

"Hey! What's wrong? Did something happen at the hospital? You seem upset." Her mother's concerned voice brought Lia to the present. " Nothing happened, it's just it was nice meeting all of them again after such a long time. I'll go change and I'll drive you Aunt Sara's. Where's dad ?" She asked as she placed her clutch and keys on the kitchen counter. " He had to go Mr Jennings to help him out with some issues I guess, he was in a hurry so he didn't explain much." Her mother responded as she wheeled towards the front door. She exclusively gave her caretaker a much needed holiday for the weekend. Rosalia climbed up the stairs to her bedroom her thoughts tangled for the tall, dark man who she encountered at the hospital.

She had not expected to meet Damien again, seeing him again brought those beautiful yet painful memories when they were together

She had not expected to meet Damien again, seeing him again brought those beautiful yet painful memories when they were together. Their relationship was nothing but a whirlwind romance which ended on a bad note. She could still sense his presence around him, he was no longer the playful man she had fallen in love with. He appeared more serious and mature man. If he had given her a chance to explain things could have been different, a lot different. Past is unchangeable and so was his opinion about her back then. Now she had no chance and no luxury to have a choice to explain anything to anyone. The secret has to stay on for a while. With a deep sigh, she opened her closet and changed into a black shirt and pants and put on a gray checkered jacket.

 With a deep sigh, she opened her closet and changed into a black shirt and pants and put on a gray checkered jacket

It's early November and the weather is starting to be chilly in London. It took her ten minutes to drop off her mom at her Aunt's place. She can never get used to London She used to live in Reading closer to the Hospital with her best friend Samantha. She was her friend since high school and due to her Journalism career, she had to move to Australia for her post-grad degree. She was the reason why she had met Tyler and Damien in the first place. Tyler and Samantha had a crush on each other since middle school and now they are happily engaged. Tyler is a CEO of European sports management company. Good old days she was glad to have experienced some of it in her life even though it caused her heartache. Her phone rings twice she picks it up immediately. It's Phillip her ex husband and best friend. " Hey!! How have you been? sorry I couldn't call you before." Rosalia answered as she took a seat on a bench in the huge park. " I am feeling great, thanks to you Lia. I am coming to London tonight for some regular check up and for shopping. " Phillip replied. "Shopping? What for?" Lia asked confused. " For my wedding of course! Lia, Cheyenne said yes to my proposal." Lia could not believe what she was hearing! Phillip finally has everything in his life he deserved. Love, health, and happiness. His books have been New York times bestselling book. " Phillip I am so happy for you !! Congratulations! " Happy tears jerked in her eyes. Phillip had no one when he was suffering from Pancreatic cancer. He had struggled his way up to the top and she could not be more happy for the friend who was by her side when no one else was. " I am getting another call, Lia I'll text you later. Bye." Phillip was extraordinary when Lia had first met him. He is poles apart from Damien but she never compared them. She looked around her and spotted a bunch of boys playing football, one of them wearing Damien's Jersey. How they used to play together in his practice. She remembered how he had picked her up in his arms when  twisted her ankle while playing. How easy it was for her to fall for him like that in a heartbeat. First Love was always difficult. Was she his First love as well? Maybe not, she was the simple dorky girl in high school, studying in the corner. How will she erase those vibrant memories ignited by Damien? More so how will she cut him out of her own heart? She is still looking for the right answer.