Chapter 2

Flashback
"hey!!" he said siting beside me on the swing. It was 10 in the night, when we sat there Under The Stars! Happy about the new changes in ours lives, unaware of what's going to happen in future.

"hii!" I replied smiling, looking at the stars.

"kya Baat hai bohot Khush lag rahi ho, tumhe bhi pyaar ho gaya hai kya" he said making me to look at him in shock.

"na..nahi Woh mai! Wait a second what do you mean by, 'tumhe bhi'" I asked.

"Haan Woh I'm...I'm in love" he said rubbing his nape. "yehi confess karne aaya tha yahan"

Is it me?

This thought made blush.

"Nandini" he held my hand. "I'm in love...with ALYA" tears welled up in my eyes, listening her name.

She betrayed me.

She knew that I LOVED MANIK

She was my best friend!!

I immediately stood up, freeing my hands from his hold.

"Nandini! Tum! Kya hua" he said keeping his hand on my shoulder from behind.

"nahi! I'm...I'm happy for you! Did you tell her?" I asked turing around, with a fake smile on my face.

"yes! I did" he said with a different shine in his eyes.

"and you know what she said yess! I'm so happy nanduuu" he shouted pulling me into a hugging, while my tears made their way as I hugged him back.

---------------------------------

"Hi Nandini! You are here at this time! " Alya said with smirk on her face.

"Alya, how could you do this to me!" I said with continuous tears that fell from my eyes.

"Do what Nandini? Oh! To say yes to Manik!! "

Alya said with the smirk still on her face.

"I put all of my trust in you Alya, you said you'd be the one to help me express my feelings to him, but what do I see, my own best friend accepting the proposal of the boy I've loved for so long! Is this how you pay back your friendship Alya, really? Our friendship meant only this much to you?!" I screamed as I tried to control my tears and emotions but they were controlling me instead.

"Nandini, have you ever thought whom Manik actually liked? I mean if you loved him enough you would accept whoever he loved or liked, maybe you weren't just his type." Alya replied.

"Well how do you expect me to act when the only best friend who I had is now dating the guy I love, talk about the betrayal Alya. And are you hearing yourself right now, you were the one who always encouraged me that I could be the one he likes and you said you didn't even like Manik that way. How could you Alya? How could you?" my voice cracked as I let out all the words I had for the woman in front of her,

"Look Nandini, you and Manik it wasn't meant to be alright. Get over it! " with those words Alya closed the door of her house.

----------------------------------

I halted my feet at the entrance of our garden panting hard, due to running continuously.

As expected I saw him sitting over there, his head hung low.