Senses | Chapter 2

Dipper's Perspective:
(Yes, again, give me a break)

Dipper glanced over at the closet as it creaked open slowly, and he placed his book down, peering into the darkness.

"I think I'm dying." Bill informed him, sounding pained.

Alarm shot through Dipper, along with pangs of worry that he didn't understand, he hated Bill, right?

"What?" Dipper questioned, standing up and heading to the closet quickly, he crouched by the doors, peering into the darkness.

"My stomach's being torn apart," Bill mumbled, wincing in pain as Dipper's eyes adjusted to the dark.

Dipper blinked, tilted his head for a moment, then burst out laughing, and Bill's expression became one of hurt and confusion.

"I'm glad my death.." He went silent as he winced, then continued, "is amusing to you."

Dipper waited until his laughing died away, and he gasped for breath, before answering Bill, "Your not dying. When's the last time you ate anything?.."

Bill tilted his head, "Never."

Dipper shook his head, "And here I thought you were a smart demon," he commented.

Bill didn't respond, just winced, and Dipper felt a flash of guilt, he realize he didn't know how long Bill had been in human form without food.

Dipper stood up, "Wait here." He instructed.

Without waiting for a response, he headed downstairs to the kitchen, glad to hear everyone else watching TV, he silently made a cheese sandwich, figuring a classic would work well as anything.

He then headed back upstairs, glad he hadn't been noticed, because then he would've been forced to lie, which he hated doing even for a good reason. Is protecting Bill a good reason? He questioned his previous thought, before shaking his head as if dismissing it and entering the room.

As soon as Dipper placed the sandwich in front of Bill, he devoured it, scarfing it down as quickly as he could manage to.

Dipper watched him silently, he couldn't help but smile as Bill scarfed it down, before watching as Bill's gaze met his.

Immediately on the defensive, Dipper used the same tactic as earlier, filling his gaze with hatred and fury.

Bill didn't flinch or look away this time, he held Dipper's gaze, hurt filling his eyes.

"Do you hate me?" Bill asked suddenly, and Dipper blinked, caught off guard by the question.

Dipper answered vaguely, "I should."

Bill's yellow eye seemed to blaze into Dipper's, before he finally looked away.

"I understand." He murmured, which surprised Dipper.

Dipper didn't even understand what he, himself, was saying, yet Bill seemed to understand it.

For some reason, the dream demon still looked weary and pained he turned a suspicious gaze to Dipper.

"Did you poison me?" He demanded.

"No.. you must be sick from not eating enough," Dipper mumbled, "You need to rest."

Dipper stood up; deciding to leave and let Bill rest for awhile.

"Wait." Bill objected, and Dipper turned to stare down at him, "Stay with me? I don't want to be alone.."

Dipper frowned, feeling a blush return, before he sat down beside Bill quietly.

Bill relaxed automatically when Dipper sat next to him, and soon was leaning against Dipper, sleeping silently.

Maybe Bill just didn't like the darkness?..