"Okay sweetie," her mother replied, putting her bag down and taking her jacket off. "Night, night."

When returning to her room, Hayley found Calum resting on her bed. Great, at least someone was feeling comfy. She considered pushing him down on the floor, but decided he didn't really deserve that.

"You're lucky you're cute," she mumbled, moving his legs so that she could sit down at the edge.

"Mm," Calum hummed as he stirred. He moved his long limbs back, having them placed on her lap. Hayley sighed, her arms resting on them. His previous excited state had faded into very sleepy. Hayley assumed it was his way of sobering up.

"You need to leave eventually," she spoke quietly, not wanting him to get too comfortable. To be honest, she wanted him out as soon as possible. The longer he stayed, the harder it would become to sneak him out. There was no way he was staying until the morning. Hayley would never be able to explain herself if he got caught during a walk of shame.

Was it even called a walk of shame if nothing had happened?

"Yeah."

"Don't fall asleep."

"I wont," he mumbled, cuddling into her pillow. Calum was already breathing heavier and halfway there.

"Hey." She grabbed his leg, shaking it gently. "Don't fall asleep," she warned him, and Calum grunted in disapproval.

It was time to try something different. The only way to keep the boy awake, Hayley figured, was to engage him in conversation instead.

"What's your name?" she asked, knowing she needed to start with the easy questions. Hopefully he'd be able to remember his name, at least. Who knew how long it would take until she could sneak him out of the flat. If they were going to be stuck in her room, she decided it was best she at least got to know who she was stuck with.

"Calum," he said. "Hood."

"What's your favourite colour?"

"Green Day."

"That's a band."

"Green," Calum corrected himself, turning over so Hayley could see his face. "But I also like Green Day."

There was a moment of silence, and Hayley shook Calums leg again, just to make sure he was still awake. He moaned in response, letting her know he was. "Do you know... what I don't like?"

"Nope," she sighed, not sure if she actually wanted to know. Hayley had no patience to listen to a drunken rant. But whatever kept him from falling asleep and dribbling all over her pillow.

"When Chinese restaurants give you chopsticks. It's impossible to eat anything with them."

Hayley suppressed a laugh. "I agree."

"And also when you spill water on the floor and you get some paper towels, but when you come back you can't see where it was and then you step in it. Wet socks. Ew." He cringed.

"Is it wrong to assume this was a recent incident?" Hayley had no idea what to do, he was chatting complete rubbish. She didn't know whether to laugh or cry; she was fairly close to doing both.

"Correct," he said. "It sucked."

A phone buzzed, but it wasn't Hayley's. It flashed from Calum's back pocket, and Hayley saw him try to reach for it. With clumsy hands, it took him some time before he managed to get it out. She managed to sneak a glance at what it said.

idiot mikey: CALUM YOU GO GLEN COCO xxx

"It's from Michael. He's my friend. He's got, like, crazy weird hair. Ashton and Luke are upstairs also. I'm meant to hang with them. But I got into a... situation."

"No shit," she commented on the story he was telling.

"Hey, please don't roll your eyes at me." he pouted.

Hayley rolled her eyes once again, for good measure. "You're drunk."

"You're beautiful."

It was so unexpected, Hayley felt herself choking on nothing. "You're drunk," she repeated, as a reminder to herself that he was clearly not thinking straight and that he had no idea what he was saying.

"Sorry," he said, burying his head into her pillow.

Hayley couldn't see his lips moving as it was dark, but she could have swore she heard him giggle. Did boys even giggle? There was another noise coming from him and Hayley could confirm. This one did giggle.

"M'tired. Cuddle?"

"You can't sleep here– Calum?"

But the boy was already far away, snoring softly. He seemed peaceful, curled up like a baby on her bed, so Hayley decided not to wake him.

-

hey there

so um, calum is a bit of a ... silly drunk?

and yeah, i'm enjoying writing this, hope you like it also

what's your favourite part/quote/character so far?

-lauren